Lost drive

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Don't know what is happening but i have lost my backup drive in my computer. The system should read C: , D:, And E:. E drive is dvd burner. C: is main drive and D is my back up drive. D has disappeared from Windows. It shows in my Bios right where its supposed to be but disappears in windows. Any ideas as to what to do. I unplugged the drive while system was on. Both drives are ssd. They are both sata. Unplug and wait for around 5 minutes and plug it back in and nothing. I have made sure the power is plugged in and i tried a different sata cord in it. All my saved games, music and pictures along with files i didn't want to lose is on that drive. can't understand why it shows on Bios but not windows.

You can download this:
https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
And use G Parted to access you ssd drive to recover any data you may have on it to another medium.
The ultimatebootcd can be downloaded as an .iso to burn on a bootable cd or there is an option to make it a bootable usb
After you have saved your data you can try other options to get your pc to recognize your ssd drive

Have you checked if these drives are visible in Disk/partition manager?
If they are there visible, check to see if they have a star. If they have no drive letter, they are not visible in the explorer. Sometimes may happen, that Windows will not set letter automatically, but usually is there also some reason. Look for it.
It cannot be that two drives simply not visible. Why should something happen with two drives at the same time.

I was downloading a HTML5 for the computer and everything went nuts. When it booted back up into windows it would not let me sign into the computer. It looked different to what it had. I am not sure but i think it loaded that Chromium edge and its not set up for that. I don't use it at all. this week i tried to run 2004. I guess thats what i get for trying new shit. I was able to unhook the ssd drive and use my old back up drive to get it all redone. Its cloned so anything that was on the ssd is wiped out! What the hell is with Windows anyway?? There software sucks!!

It is very difficult to understand what you are talking about.
Personally, I've never had any significant problems with Windows. Use very different computers for testing and also very different ages. For example, I have Windows 10 on a 16-year-old computer and a few months old computer with a 10th generation processor that was released in 2020. There are no problems with any of them.
Another thing I don't understand is that you said "When I downloaded HTML5" ... What does this mean and how does it relate to how your Windows works? It's a web programming language, how can it affect anything on your computer?
Currently I'm already on 20H2 2004 19042.508.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom