looking to upgrade.

one4stevo

Baseband Member
G- Day all im looking to build a computer been putting it off and on for a while now but finally think I can build one. Just don't know what to get...? I was looking at an AMD processor the 4200+. But im not sure of it? My current pc is a p4 3.0 GHz 478 with 1 gig of ram. It's been a good little unit but I would like to upgrade the old girl. I do allot of surfing/torrents and do a fair amount of gaming as well; my price range would be around $1000 bucks AUS. Also im not too familiar with the AMD chipset but would this processor be alot more powerful then the 478 chip. I would like something that would last a few years to come. if someone could recomend something it will be a good help as this would be my first build. Thanks all :cool:

Go with a Conroe. It peforms better than an AMD. You could get a E6400 or 6300. I dont know how much 1000 AUS is in USD. too lazy to check :p

Well all he would have to do is get a new mobo and cpu. Everything else he could keep. It would be about like 600 bucks if he gets one of the good mobo's and one of the lower end Conroes. Throw in a new video card, like a 7600gt, and thats another 150-200 bucks. Add in another gig of ram, for about 100, and you've got yourself a new comp!

Back
Top Bottom