looking to buy or build a new audio workstation PC for music recording/production

I'm typically using the metal preset and tweaking it to my liking, while mixing and matching cymbals from other packs.

Then I would keep the GT1030 in the build list.
I like the Metal Machine EZX a lot! Bt within Superior Drummer itself there are also very good Metal presets, the Metal Foundry SZX is great as well!

That GT1030 GPU has three screen outputs? Is that standard nowadays?

I like the Metal Machine EZX a lot! Bt within Superior Drummer itself there are also very good Metal presets, the Metal Foundry SZX is great as well!

That GT1030 GPU has three screen outputs? Is that standard nowadays?
Metal Foundry is typically what I use.

You would use the GPU and onboard at the same time.

Metal Foundry is typically what I use.

You would use the GPU and onboard at the same time.

Yeah, Metal Foundry has lots of very different great sounding presets covering almost everything from 70ies Hard Rock to Modern Metal.

Is there any downside/disadvantage to using screen outputs from the GPU and the onboard CPU at the same time?

Yeah, Metal Foundry has lots of very different great sounding presets covering almost everything from 70ies Hard Rock to Modern Metal.

Is there any downside/disadvantage to using screen outputs from the GPU and the onboard CPU at the same time?
Not for your use case, not really. At this point because of the state of the GPU market having anything is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom