Looking to build/buy a pc

MyNameIsBoB

Beta member
Hello all, right now I'm running a AMD Athlon 697Mhz 320MB ram, with a 15G HD. I've looking to spend around $300 on a new/used one. I'm just looking for one mainly to browse the internet, listen to music, etc. My gaming needs are satisfied by Age of Empires II, so I'm not that worried about speed. I'd just like the computer not to crawl with 2 or more browsers open. Should I purchase one from ebay, or build one from scratch? I already have a mouse, keyboard, 19in LCD, case and speakers.

Thank you for your time,

Bob

Well for $365 I got a AMD 64-bit 3200+ 1.8ghz with 512mb DDR ram, and a 160gb hard drive. And it came with a 17" LCD. I got it from Circuit City the brand is Acer, they make very nice affordable computers. I would check your local Ads.

if that pc is fine why not upgrade the ram and hard drive , otherwise like you said look on ebay to get a better system , for your budget and your needs you could get an ok system for your needs , e.g. i have an AMD athlon 1.2GHZ and 512MB ram and a 40GB hdd and it works fine for internet and word processing
posibly try looking for this kind of spec off ebay

Well, could someone give me an idea of what to expect with $300 from ebay? I have next to no idea about the value of computers. Well, except that I know my current system is worth nil.

Back
Top Bottom