Looking for Mobo/Processor Combo that will handle...

karling07

Daemon Poster
I'm looking for some reccommendations on a good mobo/processor combo that will use my three slots of SD DDR RAM (the kind with one ridge), will be able to use my AGP 128MB nvidia MX4000 card, and use my 3 PCI addon cards. I want the mobo/processor to be good for video editing and some gaming (im NOT looking for some kind of extreme gaming machine, so don't make crazy reccommendations of like 400$ :p)

I only use more beginner editing softwares and windows movie maker. I'm looking to spend under 200$ for the combination of both of them. (I'd rather go w. AMD)

Also, if you guys have any reccommendations on a better gfx card I might want to try, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

You might try newegg.com to find some... but for a little under 200 (before shipping) you could get a...

(note: I just searched. I've never actually used an ASROCK Mobo before and couldn't tell you anything about them. Read the reviews. They claim the board is great for overclocking, which the 3000+ is pretty good at also so... There are a couple other boards out there that might work also. The other board I saw was a socket A type, which isn't bad, but I think you'd like the 3000+ better than the 2800+)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157081

oo i kno the best one. but its not a online site. its a store, but they have many retailers. the store name is FRY'S electronics. go search that on google and maybe u will find a store near u. its a very big store, better and bigger than best buy and circuit city put together. everyone that lives in the bay area knos that place and they all go there for computer hardware, as well as tv's games, home appliances. they will return ur item no matter wut (unless damaged). if u lost ur receipt and past the 30 days return limit they will still give u store credit

i bought mine cpu and mobo combo for only 200 bucks.it includes amd athlon 64 3500+ socket 939 and a ecs mobo. the mobo isnt very good, but i think with its 1000mhz fsb it will do more than u require. =D

Back
Top Bottom