Looking for good RPG..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Diablo II but there is like no point in bothering with the story (because it's dull) but the gameplay itself is great. It would help to know if you are PC only or if you have any consoles.

Well I know I enjoyed Deus Ex: Invisible War which I thought was a good RPG.

The only good non-mmo RPGs that I've played on PC are:

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
SW:KOTOR I & II
Deus Ex I & 2
Diablo I & II
Baldur's Gate

The rest are on consoles which would be things like Final Fantasy (which I think they have those games for PC as well).

Well since you don't like the Elder Scrolls series that much you can scratch that off, and are looking for a good story you can scratch Diablo off. You don't like anime-iness so scratch off Final Fantasy.

I would say either get Star Wars: KOTOR, Dues Ex (a decent RPG, not one of my favorites though), or Baldur's Gate.

yeah i didnt really like KOTOR. having only played diablo and the deus exs before, i was expecting a combat system where u actually do the fighting (ala jedi academy) rather than ur character standing in front of the other one and taking it in turns slashing.

I thought lightsaber fighting in Jedi Acadamy was soooo retarded, all you ever do is just fling your arms around and all you got was like 3 dark and 3 light side powers (that you upgraded). And it also got on my nerves when I accidently kill people because I have my lightsaber out and when I turn to talk to them and accidently light threw them with my lightsaber.

KOTOR does mix turn based fighting with realtime fighting, but can't people just see around that? I actually really like it, but the story is great and if he wants an RPG with a good story I am pointing him in the right direction, if he wants story then going down the Deus Ex path isn't the best (story isn't very deep). I mean KOTOR I didn't get those GOTY awards for it's fighting gameplay (which I actually like), they got it for it's story and characters (the best part about the games).

If you like Star Wars, then your going to like KOTOR. Well, whatever, he is going to play what he wants to play. I just think for 20 bucks you are getting a lot of gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom