Looking for feedback/review on my site

iyop45

Beta member
Hi!

Just a small site I have been working on for a project: TechBerry

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the design/functionality of the site? Though it is still partly under 'construction'.
I'm going to be setting up referrals and competitions soon with prizes but was wondering, from the more experienced web owners, what makes a website active? and what would be recommended for this type of site?
Bearing in mind I aim targeting it towards programmers, designers, tech enthusiasts etc..

I understand It needs a lot more work as all the platforms were built up from scratch and are possibly buggy. Hence I am also looking for people that can actually help expand the site with me.

Thanks!

I actually quite like the design, it's functional. Still, you should look into your use of fonts. It could make the whole thing a bit sleeker. Also the 'sign in' button is not that appealing.

In terms of activity, why not feature your articles more? Instead of putting the video up there, you could implement some sort of caroussel that link to your new articles. Also maybe, you should add some more motivation to your 'register for free' text. What are the benefits in one sentence?

But yeah, all in all, nice work :)

I actually quite like the design, it's functional. Still, you should look into your use of fonts. It could make the whole thing a bit sleeker. Also the 'sign in' button is not that appealing.

In terms of activity, why not feature your articles more? Instead of putting the video up there, you could implement some sort of caroussel that link to your new articles. Also maybe, you should add some more motivation to your 'register for free' text. What are the benefits in one sentence?

But yeah, all in all, nice work :)
Thanks for the feedback!

I definitely agree with you on the points you've raised but I find it's very difficult to add more and more links to the landing page without creating a 'messy look'. The video itself is just a dummy until I have an appropriate animation made.

I am unsure of which set of typography is best suited and hence I haven't really changed it. Typically, I spend more time working on the member interfaces rather than drawing in new users. I don't know when you viewed the site but I do have a brief sentence displayed above the video demonstrating some benefits of registration. (though it has messed up on IE a bit)

Thanks for the feedback!

I definitely agree with you on the points you've raised but I find it's very difficult to add more and more links to the landing page without creating a 'messy look'. The video itself is just a dummy until I have an appropriate animation made.

I am unsure of which set of typography is best suited and hence I haven't really changed it. Typically, I spend more time working on the member interfaces rather than drawing in new users. I don't know when you viewed the site but I do have a brief sentence displayed above the video demonstrating some benefits of registration. (though it has messed up on IE a bit)

Looks pretty good I'd make it more mobile friendly. I'll join later if you like.

Back
Top Bottom