Looking for bloatware free laptop

Frankkelly1

Beta member
Folks

I know that MS Signature laptops are shipped without bloatware. Are there any other ways to get one without bloatware?

Many thanks

Frank

Yeah buy one, any one, and reinstall it with whatever operating system you have. You can download Windows 10 or Windows 7 ISO from the Microsoft web site. If you think that Windows comes without any bloatware I'm afraid you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Yes I believe with windows 10 you can just do a "Reset" and any manufacturer software will be removed. If that doesn't work, just use the Media Creation Tool to do a reinstall.

Yes I believe with windows 10 you can just do a "Reset" and any manufacturer software will be removed. If that doesn't work, just use the Media Creation Tool to do a reinstall.

Not sure that that is correct. Certainly over here the recovery partition is, basically a clone of the Windows partition. So if you do a recovery all the manufacturer's crap goes back on as well. The only way that I know of to totally get rid of the manufacturer's rubbish is to download the Windows 7 or Windows 10 ISOs from the Microsoft web sites and then do a complete reinstall. Personally I would also delete the recovery partition and any other partitions that the manufacturer has put on and just use one complete partition on the C: drive. If I needed any other, separate storage I would use separate hard drives either external or internal. And as I have said if the OP thinks that Windows comes without it's own bloatware then he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

@Pete
It is correct what crazyman suggested. It will remove all bloatware.
Windows 8 and 10's reset feature works kinda like on smartphones.
Choosing "reset this PC" will give you 2 or 3 options.

Keep my files: Reinstall windows but keep the user folder.
Remove everything: Total reinstall.
Factory reset: Brings it back to the state as you bought it. (This option only appears if it has a factory recovery partition to use)

Last edited:
Okay BikerEcho although I did say I "wasn't sure" as opposed to "I know that isn't correct". What I am standing by is the fact that Windows comes with it's own bloatware and lots of it.

Okay BikerEcho although I did say I "wasn't sure" as opposed to "I know that isn't correct". What I am standing by is the fact that Windows comes with it's own bloatware and lots of it.

Lol
What are you calling bloat ware. Do you understand ťhat bloat ware is third party software added to a system by a manufacturer?
Give an example of bloat ware in the windows OS.

Lol
What are you calling bloat ware. Do you understand ťhat bloat ware is third party software added to a system by a manufacturer?
Give an example of bloat ware in the windows OS.

My installation of Win10 came with a Facebook app, a Netfix app, a Twitter, app, Groove Music, Skype, Cortana... and it is an Enterprise edition that I installed myself, not a pre-installed one.

Technician knows exactly what I am talking about. He has just jumped into this thread to cause trouble. Something he does on regular basis. I do not even know why I am seeing his posts. I do not like him and I have absolutely no desire to interact with him. I have him on ignore. Obviously the igmnore function on this site works brilliantly NOT.

Thanks for the responses. So, does windows 10 come with unavoidable bloatware?

Dell tells me that their Precision line of machines comes without bloatware. Can anyone confirm this?

I've also read that this firm will sell a machine without it. Configure Your Vectorâ„¢ 14 - Velocity Micro

I'm not very computer savvy so would like to get one ready to go.

Again, many thanks

Back
Top Bottom