Looking for advice on Python.

I'll show you what I mean.

my_int = 7 .

Now posting this above I have no idea what that means, " my_int " to the left as when I was reading up Python is a very big language.
"my_int" is the name of a variable. A variable is a storage location in memory that holds some value (whether that's a number, a string, a collection, object, etc.). A variable can usually be named whatever you want as long as it doesn't match one of the language's keyword/operators (these vary by language), and you can perform operations on.

The = sign in this case (and most languages) is known as the assignment operator (which is different from ==).

The value 7 is..well that's an integer value of 7.

Assignment works in the way it shows: assigning the integer value 7 to the variable named my_int.

If you don't mind zaka it would be best to give me a full introduction to this language and explain why this language is of a powerful one.
I highly suggest going through an actual course / tutorial set or even a book to learn a programming language for the first time. Learning from an amateur programmer (sorry zaka, but yes you're an amateur unless you're doing it professionally :p) can be bad, as not everybody does things the same way, and sometimes amateurs get into bad habits (even I had bad habits that I always try and work away from while developing at work).

I was curious to know if sites like you tube and twitter are using this what are the possibility's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(programming_language)#Use
And on the CodeAcademy page I've referred to it also says this in the description of the tutorial: "Learn to program in Python, a powerful language used by sites like YouTube and Dropbox"

How big is the language
Documentation can be found here that details what the language consists of (functions, operators, etc.): https://www.python.org/doc/

, is their much to learn for a beginner
With every programming language...yes. Especially if you don't know any programming - then you have to start with the absolute basics of programming and understanding software development.

and also what would be the best software application to use on Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64Bit to build scripts in. I've been looking but their doesn't seem much available in the repository's.
Any text editor, particularly one that supports Syntax highlighting for Python files (extension of .py).

Sry spud for the late reply. Actually, u gave me a good idea, I'll make a tf tut on learning python for beginners.

Back
Top Bottom