Looking for a new HDD

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The current HDD I use is the Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12. I was wondering if there are any drives that will perform faster than this. I don't want to get a VelociRaptor or an SSD by the way.

Yeah, I was looking at some benches on those. However, the review I saw was for the 1TB version. I wasn't sure if the samsung F3 2 500GB platter will outperform a seagate single 500GB platter.

EDIT - I noticed there is a Samsung F3R. I can't seem to find much info about it. How much better is it compared to the regular F3?

I might be wrong but I think the F3R would be something of a enterprise drive/different firmware/longer warranty. I would just go with the Normal F3 if it was me looking for HDDs

Alright. I guess I'll just get the 1TB F3. Not bad for $60 too. Especially since I paid $50 for my Barracuda last fall.

I would like you to suggest to use WD caviar green wd20 ears internal 2tb 3.5 Hard Drive you should try it .its performance is good

The caviar green are bad in performance they are very slow drives they are mainly for storage, But i use that 1 TB F3 samsung drive in my computer now it is very fast i love it

Back
Top Bottom