Looking For a BTX Case

joxley1990 said:
You would not have to buy new RAM, if you really want, just buy an ATX case, a new motherboard, and build everything up, and you will have a customized PC then, no more DELL logo's on boot up lol

You could get an AMD, and just find a motherboard that supports the RAM you use, that would not be too hard to do. What are your current specs? And which socket number do you use at the moment?

I use PC4200 DDR2 RAM (dual channel) which runs at 533MHZ on my system but I think can go at 667MHZ too but i'm not sure. My video card is a PCI-EX16 ATI Radeon X300SE Hypermemory (i'll upgrade that eventually). I haven't been able to find any AMD boards that use that but maybe there's one that does use it. The socket type is LGA775 according to CPU-Z. I wasn't sure so I just used that.

Also, how do i remove that stupid dell logo at startup? It's been bugging me for months!

Yep - only problem with Dell is they have their own custom sized motherboards which can be hard to fit.

Good luck!

OK I have one last question. Don't laugh at me for this... I've never had to do this but how do I remove the CPU from the motherboard when I want to. Also do I have to get a new heatsink or anything?

Ok, you need to unclip the heatsink, then, lift up the lever, carefully take the CPU out, and your done.

Back
Top Bottom