Looking for a 60mb broadband service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halchka99

Baseband Member
Hey guys, my company is looking for a 60mb broadband service.

Can you guys direct me to any that you guys know of.

Thanks.

Well a T3 connection would get you a 45mbit connection, but it's gonna run you about $2,000-4,000/month...........

yea the highest i came across was 45, im assuing it has to be somewhere along the lines of an oc3 connection

Halchka99 said:
Hey guys, my company is looking for a 60mb broadband service.

Can you guys direct me to any that you guys know of.

Thanks.

Where are you located? You might try broadbandreports.com for a list of high-speed providers.

If you're in a business district it shouldn't be too hard, maybe you could even run ethernet from a local company in the area.

OC1 is ~51mbps
OC3 is ~155mbps
OC12 is ~ 620mbps
OC48 is ~ 2.5gpbs

Because this is fibre that must be provisioned to your premises the cost is variable for installation and is going to be hella expensive.

Monthly fees start at something like 7,000-10,000/m (OC3 us closer to 15,000-20,000)

Halchka99, what type of business is this line needed for just out of curiousity. Is it a possibility that a 60mbit line is a bit overkill?
Most of the time you will spend anywhere between 75-100$ per mbit every month.

You are going to need a serious provider and setup costs will be expensive. You will also need to consider the costs of routers etc. The cheapest bandwidth provider I know of is Cogent Co.

You can check their web site to see which areas they provide service in and talk to a rep on the phone about setup costs etc.

I know they have 100mbit services starting around $4 grand per month (not sure of exact price).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom