Looking for 5.1 sound card: Cheap and effective!

JonS said:
Creative Labs sells reconditioned sound cards on Ebay. I bought an Audugy(sp) 2 THX card from them for $35.00. Shipped fast and I downloaded the latest drivers from their website. It did come with proper CD and instructions. I forget what the warrenty is. 3 months maybe? Sounds excellent!

That seems really good!!!

I wouldn't trust anything other than Creative for sound though. They are the apsolute BEST in audio quality in my opinion.

Yeah, Creative sound cards are a pain to work with if you don't download the right drivers etc. But once you get everything up and running, it works WONDERFULLY! :D I'm using the Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit right now, although I might get the Sound Blaster X-Fi when I get the money. :D

Okay... So reccomend a card, for like, .99-30$ please :)

But, remember, bang for the buck. Id like to get something under 20 bucks. And there are several that fit that. Id really like to stay under $30 though, there are exceptions..

Well what ever it is, I'd presume a Creative to be best on all counts once you get it going.

I have a few problems when I have to re-install my Sound Blaster Live! Crusty card I know, but it still works good, and offers good sound for the setup I have.

If you can, download the new drivers, and don't bother about the ones on the disk.

I PMed you.

And do you all agree, that low budget sound cards, all sound the same?

Back
Top Bottom