Look Here!!!

Alex_tom

Baseband Member
Guy's I have a question for you. Do you differentiate DVD-R and DVD+R formats? I you got any Idea about it please send me. My instructor asked me this question yesterday when i was in my collage.

Alex_tom

Here are the diffrences,

The DVD-R DVD+R difference can easily be summarized by the following:

The DVD-R/RW standard was developed by Pioneer, and is used primarily by Apple and Pioneer. These “minus“ discs can only be written to in one layer on the discs surface. In addition, this format is supported by the DVD forum, but is in no way an industry standard. DVD-R/RW discs are cheaper than the “plus” format.

The DVD+R/RW format is supported by Philips, Dell, Sony, HP, and Microsoft. These discs can be written to in multiple layers, giving them slightly better and more disc storage than the “minus“ format. Because of this additional capacity, they are slightly more expensive than “minus“ discs.

If your using it with a computer usally it doesn't matter which format you use, some makes of dvd recorders (to connect to a TV) only work with one format.

Here are the diffrences,

If your using it with a computer usally it doesn't matter which format you use, some makes of dvd recorders (to connect to a TV) only work with one format.

Thanks for making me so Update. I like to follow you just because of seeing your knowledge. Please solve out my one more question.

"Why my hard drive does a lot of noise"?

If your hard rive is making alot of noise, it may be going bad. You can download a utility from the drive manufacturer's website that will diagnose your drive and alert you of any problems.

Back
Top Bottom