lol im embarassed to ask this

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Im at the end of my wits, normally i would never ask this kind of question on the forums lol.. but ahhh i need help lol.

All of the bioses are updated on the machine, latest drivers, stuff is not overheating. both cpus are at 40*C.. both graphics cards are at about 60*C(i know its high, but by the books, not overheating).

I pulled one of the cards out to change out the ram sink because the old one was getting loose.

I also made a few changes in bios that made the system unstable, had to clear the cmos. This board is horrid for overclockers.. there wasnt even a jumper for the cmos, i had to actually get a flathead and ground 2 solder traces on the mobo to reset it. I reset it to factory default settings,, even reflashed it with the newest bios

Those were the only 2 things that have happend since it worked good

I plug it all back in and now when i run sm 3.0 tests in 3dmark06, it gets super stuttery, even a few artifacts. My old score was up around 10K. I went head and let it run through, all screwed up, and i only got 5K, so something is definitly screwed up on here.

Im just not sure where to look next.

the cards are 7900gtx's.. Iv heard nothing but negative info on these things because of there poor manufacturing quality. lol wish i had read up on them before buying them

BFG is good! They have a life time warranty too.

Anyway, what has lowered in 3d mark? CPU or GPU? If GPU run the system with only one, and then try the other.

It will would have gotten a lot higher than 5k, and would not have artifacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom