Logon issue

irresistible007

Solid State Member
I am a Administrator type user and have enabled password protection, but Win XP SP2 is logs automatically on this user without asking for password, i have even turned Guests user on but still nothing working... where the prob is ?

you need to look at your accounts options and somewhere in the groups settings or something....i forgot exactly where because i can not view it right now (at school) but somewhere it will give you the option to use the normal login screen or the domain style. check and see if somewhere it says not to auto loginto an account...if it has a password thats odd that it is automadically logging in.

irresistible007 said:
I am a Administrator type user and have enabled password protection, but Win XP SP2 is logs automatically on this user without asking for password, i have even turned Guests user on but still nothing working... where the prob is ?

I've seen a similar thing on Windows 2000, it should be in the User Accounts options. I can't find the option on XP Home, so I'll assume you're using XP Pro. If you're on Pro, go to Run... and type in lusrmgr.msc - this'll give you a more advanced user accounts editor which isn't available in Home.

Hopefully that'll lead you in the right direction, although the option I'm talking about on Windows 2000 was definitely somewhere in the Control Panel...

there is a little utility called tweakui from microsoft ( they dont support it, because its not something they want to support or something like that ) that the people who developed the windows operating system had continued development for. they call it "power toys" ... you can download it from microsoft, just search for it on their website. should find it easily. now, after installing it ( about 2 minutes if i recall correctly ) it is installed in the control panel. run it, should be a users tab... or maybe its under logon. i dont have it installed on this computer ( its my brothers, and he doesnt like me installing stuff or changing settings ) ... so im not sure...

maybe there are other users of this power toy that can help you further, but i recall seeing an option for "logging on automatically" ... good luck.

I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT HOW CAN I GET MY LAPTOP WORKING AFTER II TURN IT ON BECAUSE WHEN I TURN IT ON THE LAPTOP SCREEN GOES BLACK. iTS A SONY VAIO 2002 WITH WINDOWS XP PRO AND HOME EDIT.?

adrian_gardo169 said:
I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT HOW CAN I GET MY LAPTOP WORKING AFTER II TURN IT ON BECAUSE WHEN I TURN IT ON THE LAPTOP SCREEN GOES BLACK. iTS A SONY VAIO 2002 WITH WINDOWS XP PRO AND HOME EDIT.?

You really should make your own thread about a question in hand, high jacking a thread can be confusing to some cause there will be two different Q's and A's going on at the same time..

anyway's, you should try to boot up to safe mode 1st, then check the power settings and make shure your laptop is running off the power supply and not the batteries.

Start>Controll Panel>User Accounts>Change The Way Users Log on>disable fast user switching. that will fix the issue.

for the login issue*

Back
Top Bottom