Logitech z-5500

Kage

Golden Master
I'm thinking of buying the Logitech Z-5500's for when I get my new X-FI sound card.

I've read a few reviews, with all postive outcomes.

One thing has worried me though, and thats the outcome that it has boomy bass, compared to controlled punchy bass which seems like it'd sound worse than a lower powered set.
Is this true? Or can you simply lower the bass which then defines the sound better?

Also, does it handle treble frequencies well? because I'm looking for a well balanced, clear, amazing audio quality set.

Either way... I'm sure it'd be better than my Creative Inspire 2.1 set, coupled with a Sound Blaster sound card.
I'm guessing litterally blown out of the water sort of good.

Would I be right? :)

Also, it has Optical inputs, but the X-Fi cards only seem to have analog outputs... any difference really? And do the DTS/Pro-Logic 2 decoders work with the analog attachments only?

A little mini review by owners would be great

EDIT:

I'm thinking maybe I'll be best off with a speaker set more aimed towards music than games and movies...

Thinking of getting this set instead:
http://www.nextgenelectronics.com/almx5021.shtml

The Altec Lancing MX5021, as it seems to get better reviews for clarity, with the inclusion of a tweeter, and 2x mid on the satalites, and then a 6.5 inch sub.

Only a 2.1 setup, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

EDIT 2:

That set seems amazing for a 2.1 system, but, I'm still wondering wheather the Z-5500's will be a better investment and will make music sound that extra bit better...

Thanks :) Yeah, I remembered someone did a review, but couldn't find it for some reason.

After reading even more reviews, the Z-5400's seem more affordable.
The only differences seem to be a different style, a slightly smaller bass unit (but I have a small room with neibours) and 200watts less of RMS.

They still sound like they'll rock the house down though, and are around £80-90 cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom