Logitech Z-5300e (Hot Deal and Review!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
I've been trying to decide for a while between the 5500 and the 5300, and now that I have a good paying job, money wasn't influencing my decision too much. Moreso, I went with the 5300e for space saving, plus, who wouldn't like saving $180?

For anyone who is considering upgrading to a (new) 5.1 setup, just thought I'd let you know that there is a $50 rebate on these puppies! If you find them on pricegrabber, the link to the $50 rebate will be close by. Plus, there's even a $5 review rebate if you're a pricegrabber member. Getting such a system for $77 from newegg was too sweet a deal for me to pass up. The rebate isn't good at a bunch of retail places like best buy, but it seems to be good at most online dealers. I think it runs through June 15th or 19th.

I hope to have the system sitting on my doorstep when I get home from school today. I'll post a review when I can, not sure when that will be though...gotta get paid :).

You know what? I spent half an hour writing an in-depth review on these speakers, and in that time, my school's network logged me off the internet. So, when I hit reply, my review was lost :(. GRR.

Here's a short recap, I really don't feel like spending another half hour, nor do I have one to spend.

Overall this speaker system is amazing. The sound is crisp and the bass is solid. The subwoofer performs extremely well for a 6.5" driver. It plays strong down to 40hz. After that it starts dropping off pretty quick, which should be expected. You will probably only notice this issue if you are listening to extensive bass tracks or something similar, so this will likely only effect you if YOU KNOW it will effect you. If you are unsure, it probably won't. If you know it will, it is a decision you have to make. I myself am a bit of a basshead (SQL, not pure SPL), and I feel I'll be able to live with this slight limitation just fine. The size/weight of the amp/sub is not an issue, unless you are VERY cramped on space. A sub is a sub, not a bose satellite.

Speaking of satellites, these are very accurate. Both vocal and instrumental reproduction is very good. In a recording of a trumpet solo called Concert Etude by Alexander Goe****e(sp?) I noticed the player taking very quick breaths in the up-tempo areas for the first time. I've listened to this recording many times on upper end systems and even performed it myself and never noticed this before.

Heard that this system doesn't get loud enough? That's a load. This system gets VERY loud. Generally, half volume is approaching bleeding ear syndrome.

This system performs very well on all genres of music; classical, techno, rap, rock, etc. If I had to pick a music that it was suited best to I would say techno. This system does AMAZINGLY well with techno.

As far as movies and gaming go, I haven't done that much. I have listened to about 5 or 6 audio tech demos though and they all sounded amazing. I'm sure they sound just as good in real games or movies, it's the same exact technology.

Not to mention, they look pretty sweet, too.

At $127 these speakers are a steal. At $77, you're crazy to pass them up if you are considering upgrading.

Nice review, I might be looking to purchase a new speaker system soon, so I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom