Local vs. Online

idk i might start buying local here pretty soon im getting pretty fed up with new egg so far i have gotten 1 bad motherboard (off brand) 2 bad hard drives in a row they worked but click like no tomorrow and also got a set of RAM for a friends build and one of the sticks was bad they are good about returns payed shipping no restocking fee but i would much rather just run back to the store and get another one than have to wait for shipping.

idk i might start buying local here pretty soon im getting pretty fed up with new egg so far i have gotten 1 bad motherboard (off brand) 2 bad hard drives in a row they worked but click like no tomorrow and also got a set of RAM for a friends build and one of the sticks was bad they are good about returns payed shipping no restocking fee but i would much rather just run back to the store and get another one than have to wait for shipping.

ALWAYS buy extended warranties on WD hard drives. I've lost one already and I think that another one is going. The nice thing about memory express is that I pay $5 and I get an over the counter exchange for the next 3 years if it breaks.

ALWAYS buy extended warranties on WD hard drives. I've lost one already and I think that another one is going. The nice thing about memory express is that I pay $5 and I get an over the counter exchange for the next 3 years if it breaks.

yeah mine was a 1 TB WD 6 GB/s drive and they were both bad so im returning them and going to a local place and picking one up, from now on im only gunna buy the not so fragile parts of the computer online

i buy everything from memory express now, they carry everthing i need and they're cheaper after i match prices

In Korea they have a huge electronic market.

I was told to take my parts list to any PC store and they will ignore shipping cost and most likely beat the price but at the very least match it. They'll have my parts in 1-2 days (instead of a week or two)

If somthing is DOA I can return it.

Shipping cost for me new PC is $130 (because I'm overseas) and it'll take 2 weeks to get. If I can save $130 and get it in 2-3 days that sounds better.

It seems like there are equally priced places that are local brick and mortar building but unfortunately living in northern Indiana has kept me from such places but it sounds like as long as I'm not against doing some packin newegg will suffice. Its just unfortunate that the on computer centric store in the area (pcdirect.com) is over priced and doesn't carry a very wide range of product.

check on their website for a price match policy. if they do have one then buy everything you can from them

Back
Top Bottom