Local Drift Event (pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea none of those cars where really rice burners. there all nissans and bigger toyota's you need power to drift, you really do. it is my favorite type of racing, i do plan on getting a nice 240 eventualy, with an srt20 red top, and i do plan on keeping it to the tracks of course, we have a few local ones so no need for streets. id like a 4 door toyota chasser thatd be nice to drift aswell, or even an older beamer with a spring kit. i like the 4 door look on drift cars.

Although it's awesome fun and a cool sport, drifting ain't racing :p

you clearly dont know what drift racing is, alot of the japanese events are drift racing. you start behind some one and race to be first, but you are not alowed cotnact, and are declared the immidiate looser if you hit the leader when following. 2 runs are done, where each comptetitor follows, if neither passes the other, the winner is declared by a judge decision. usualy small local events wont do drift racing as they do not have the skill level for it.

I Still think the Mazda RX-7 is better at Drifting

The RX-7 is cool if you like to come into corners screaming at 9,000RPMS's. Because that is the only place you make power with a rotary motor. :)

A good solid car to start out with is usually a 240sx. You can swap in an SR20DET or build up a KA motor because of their torque advantages.

you clearly dont know what drift racing is, alot of the japanese events are drift racing. you start behind some one and race to be first, but you are not alowed cotnact, and are declared the immidiate looser if you hit the leader when following. 2 runs are done, where each comptetitor follows, if neither passes the other, the winner is declared by a judge decision. usualy small local events wont do drift racing as they do not have the skill level for it.

:) I know full well what drift racing is, I only meant that drifting is one of the slowest ways to go around a corner so it's not really racing...more of a show sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom