local area connections advanced ab erorrs

eric71

Beta member
Ok, so I want to veiw my advanced settings in my Local Area Conections. I open my Network conection folder, than I see my 2 conections, a LAN and a dail-up(I use LAN). I right click on my LAN one and then I click the advanced tab. But istead of showing mre a laist of what ever is supposed to be there it says, " Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The Windows Managment Instrubatation( I know its miss-spelt)(WMI) information might be corupted. To correct this use system restore to restore Windows to an earlier time(called a restore point). System restore is loocated in system tools in accesories." I know it says to system restore but I did already but that didnt do squat. Please help

Try finding your original installation disc, put it into the CD ROM drive.
Click on Start>Run and type "sfc /scannow" without quotes. This will reset all the system files to the original, and may take care of the corrupt file issue you have. If it doesn't work, post back.

thanks alot, but the problem still isnt completely solved, when i click on the advanced tab all I see is the firewall setting, but I think its supposed tpo also show my ICS. I want to change my Internet Sharring Connections.

Back
Top Bottom