Live cd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
im trying to see if i can get one or 2 or more live cds. but ones that i can use off a mac i have a ibook G3 jaguar Os. I odnt want to install it i just want to mes witht the live cds whenim in chicago so i want to get them before i go i leave this sunday so im trying my best to work as fast as i can. I would like to know with ones i can use and how i can putin a cd. In the mac area one person has helped me to be able to burn the image i hope it works all i need know is a live CD :).

ok thanks you very much how these are the only ones i can use im guessing but how can i tell later in the future if there PPC where will i see this at.

Your welcome, those are made specifically for the PPC architecture which Macs run on so that is why you can't just use any live CD. You'll have to check with the distro to see if they have a PPC version or not.

ok thanks alot. Know all i have to do is burn it when its down i hope it burns. One more thing is it possible to download them off a windows computer and burn them on a windows computer.

ok still having problems i cant put ubuntu on the cd i downloaded this trail program Dragon burner and MMB. KNow i tried to burn with the dragon it workded but it doesnt boot. HOw do i make this cd and how do i boot it off this computer i know on windows all i have to do is change the bios settings. But Mac dont know And dont know how to burn this image on a cd to boot of mac.

Sniper,

Which Burning Program do you use? I use nero this is probably your best bet. Basically all you need to do is go to the "copy & backup" tab and select "burn image to disk" in the space where it says "type of files" in the ststem window click the arrow and select "all files" after that you pick your .iso from where it's located and click the burn button.

Although Nero does not run under MAC you may wish to try it under windows, Or Linux. I know your running MAC but it would probably be better if you burnt it under Windows or Linux

OR

I can Send you A copy of Ubuntu Live, Just "PM" me give me your post address and We can take it from there.

OR

Tost 6.1 Download (free) be sure to read it carefully first to make sure I haven't sent you on A wild goose chase.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Toast-Titanium-Updater.shtml

Hope this helps,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom