Little Question regarding RAM

HeebieGeebie

Beta member
Afternoon!

I'm hoping you can help me a little here.

So I have currently:

4GB (2x2GB) of DDR3-1333 PC3-10600

and a want to upgrade to either:

8GB (2x4GB) of DDR3-1066 PC3-8500 latency: 7

or

8GB (2x4GB) of DDR3-1333 PC3-10600 latency: 9

Question is which should i go for?!

Theyre the same price (from crucial.com) but PC3-8500 is lower latency (7) and 10600 is faster speed (1333)

Whadda you reckon?!

Thanks!

It's a Dell Studio 1747 with:

Mobo - Dell Model 0J509P
Dell BIOS

CPU - Intel Core i7 720QM

GFX - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 560V

Thanks very much for your response!

That's a really good pc you got there

Emm from what I can see they look the same:/ but maybe go onto dell and look at your pc's upgrade options to be sure:)

You arent going to be able to tell much a difference between the 2 sticks if I'm being honest. The only difference really is the second stick you put up has a higher stock speed.

If you intend to overclock your RAM, you will get a bit more from the RAM, with the higher clock speed, but if you dont - you wont really see any difference between the two.

@amanikshot - I've done what you've suggested and it seems dell offer the 8GB of PC3-10600 as an upgrade and since i currently have 4GB of PC3-10600 i think i'll go with that! Good idea! Thanks!

@Luke_Uk_Baggy - Thanks! At least i now know it doesnt really matter so as i said above ill go with 8GB of PC3-10600 from crucial.com

Thanks for your help guys!

Adam

Ah I added you as a friend 'cause i didn't know how to give reputation, now I see it says it right there in front of my eyes! I've done it now! Cheers Again!

Back
Top Bottom