Liquid Cooling

I'm moving out of my house and getting to some more work related applications. 1366 ensures I can stay ahead of the game for a few years. Besides, this rig is staying here while I move about 150 miles away. It's kind of a family pc that everyone uses.

This was a budget build anyway. I made this rig to last me until I could get my i7 rig. Doing video rendering, audio editing (more or less making movies) and going to get some real games. I'd be okay with an i5 I guess. I'll look into that.

Oh OK. I was gonna say, you could get a more effective gaming rig for the same budget with the B50, but it appears this will be used for things other than gaming. i7 920 then?

This is the best 5870 block. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...d_Cooling_Block_GPU-6897.html?tl=g30c309s1049

You want to block any crazy stuff like RAM, SB, HDDs, etc.?

BTW, MCW30 on the NB should be fine. Just put some better barbs than what it comes with.

Dude, why not? lol, I want to make this thing as sick as possible. Both to get the full advantage of the LCS and bragging rights :)

okay then.

Put some RAM35's on the RAM, and a MCW30 on the SB. HDD blocks are pointless unless they are raptors, and even then, it doesn't help much.

You need another rad too. How about swap that MCR220 for a GTX360 and add a second GTX240.

Just offering, but if you want a WB'd video card, I am about to sell my 4870 x2 with an XSPC razor block for like $350 in case you are interested. It performs right on par with the 5870.

EDIT: This card: http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_parts.asp?PRID=11665

Up to you though. The 5870 has DX11/EF.

I would, but I'm not buying everything just yet. In might be a month or so, I don't want to leave you hanging.

With those rads...I was thinking about how the system would be set up. First is that pump gonna be able to push all the fluid for this system. Second, should i split the system, put a t splitter just after the pump. I was thinking one side go to the VGA and SB; then the other line go to cpu, ram, and nb. Or should I have one line, go CPU-RAM then rad then VGA-SB-NB then the bigger rad back to res. I'm being thorough

hmmm.... the pump should be able to handle it. I would leave it as a single loop, but that is just me.

I wouldn't block the SB though. pretty useless imo. RAM might be cool, but still not really worth it.

BTW, I am in no rush to sell the x2. I wanna get my new PSU in and do some benches before I sell it. Don' wanna turn this into a sale thread though. lol.

EDIT: Do this.

Pump>CPU>NB>RAM>small rad>GPU>big rad>reservoir

foothead covered what I was going to say. i7's generate a lot of heat, adding things into the loop will require better and/or more radiators.

I have a Swiftech Apogee XT and it's a great block. A couple other really good ones are the Watercool Heatkiller and Koolance CPU-360.

ya I might opt out of ram. It's gonna be 2000mhz and I can't see myself needing to OC that. If it's necessary I might put an area fan on the ram, but like you said it's not worth it. I don't have a budget but then again I don't wanna overdo it. :p

EDIT I asked before i guess we just forgot. A good 1366 mobo?

Back
Top Bottom