Linux

There would definitely be an advantage. Especially from the technical side. Everybody knows that GNU/Linux is much safer and more stable than Windows. You could do work and surf the net on GNU/Linux and do stuff that you can't GNU/Linux can't do on Windows. I used to have a dual-boot but gave Windows up after I ran out of use for it.

iamroot said:
There would definitely be an advantage. Especially from the technical side. Everybody knows that GNU/Linux is much safer and more stable than Windows. You could do work and surf the net on GNU/Linux and do stuff that you can't GNU/Linux can't do on Windows. I used to have a dual-boot but gave Windows up after I ran out of use for it.

How do you run games? Is there an emulator for Linux that allows one to run windows software?

Yes. There is an "emulator". It's called WINE. It won't guarantee a 100% success rate. I would put it at bout 20% success rate. But it's still better than nothing. If you're into gaming on your GNU/Linux comp, then you might want to check Cedega out. It's a customized version of WINE thats just meant for games. It supports quite a number of games like Half Life 2 and such. The bad thing is its not Free. (both in price and code)

www.winehq.org - WINE
www.transgaming.com - Cedega

Back
Top Bottom