Line down screen of TCL QLED TV.

run762

Beta member
Hello, I am hoping that someone with knowledge of LED panels can give me a bit of advice. A few days ago, I took delivery of a Grade A refurbished TCL QLED TV. However, it has a slight fault, a noticeable vertical line down the centre of the screen, the tones or colours are slightly different on each half. It is not obvious and only really shows up during images featuring large grey tones. The price was very good, and I have been offered a £30 refund if I keep the TV which has a year’s warranty. My question is what are the chances of this odd problem getting worse? I realise the I could be asking a, ‘how long is a piece of string’ type question. Any advice from someone who works with panels or has experienced similar would be gratefully received.

Thanks ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_204508_1[1].jpg
    IMG_20210923_204508_1[1].jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20210923_204529_2[1].jpg
    IMG_20210923_204529_2[1].jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20210923_173922_6[1].jpg
    IMG_20210923_173922_6[1].jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1
It sounds like one line of of connectivitity has gone open circuit on the LED lines. It would annoy the hell out of me and without replacing the led panel is not repairable. Give it back and get your money back. Oh yeah, and with that fault it is not anything like "grade A refurbished".

Wow. This is looking pretty bad, but fortunately, you can easily fix it. If you haven't opened up a TV before, I would suggest you take it to a professional. If you're scared about this procedure, you can try to calibrate it first, to see if this is going to fix the problem. Calling someone from isfcalibration.org would be an easier option to solve this than doing it by yourself. If this isn't working, a service is the next step. Try to see if the cost is a decent one because if it costs more to repair it than to buy a new one, you already know what to do next.

Back
Top Bottom