Lightening protection for PC Screen

A surge protector is your best bet. It will not stop lightning, and I've never heard of a proven device that will for the consumer market, but it will minimize the damage as much as possible.

I can't figure out why you would need lightning protection for a PC monitor. Having a grounding wire close to the screen may be your best bet.

I can't figure out why you would need lightning protection for a PC monitor. Having a grounding wire close to the screen may be your best bet.

It is my hope that you never have to find out first hand how... incorrect this is.

As stated already, NOTHING can stop lightning, but if you need surge protection, a surge protector from a reputable vendor comes close. I'd say step it up a notch and get an Uninterpretable Power Supply from a brand like APC or TrippLite. You want to buy as big as you can afford, they all offer the same basic protection, but the larger the battery, the higher the VA, the longer you can run without power, or the more times you can get through a dip or spike in the power. (to a certain extent)

Back
Top Bottom