LightEater Malware via Unpatched BIOSes

Not cool... This is a major security issue that no manufacture wants to deal with and they are just going to continue to ignore it while governments, and malware authors continue to abuse it. I would say most all this was intentional to begin with so BigBrother could get privy with us.

I guess we all need to re-flash our bios on a weekly basis now

Edit: on second thought....We probably have the Chinese making our bios chips, and we are worried about the U.S. govt?

Last edited:
True dat. The sad fact is, manufactures refuse to release BIOS updates after so many months. I have a $300 motherboard that had ONE update, 6 months after release, and no more after that. Yet the BIOS for it is still busted.

True dat. The sad fact is, manufactures refuse to release BIOS updates after so many months. I have a $300 motherboard that had ONE update, 6 months after release, and no more after that. Yet the BIOS for it is still busted.

Better learn how to BIOS mod :p.

Why require a new bios to flash?
Just re-flash with the same bios version. If the existing bios has something added that is unwanted, re-flashing even with the same version will remove what ever it was

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom