Lifes a B**ch isn't it baby doll.

if I got £50k it'd be gone the next day... I doubt it's even stay in my account long enough to gather interest.

Sure, it seems like I should "treat myself" to a car etc...

but 50k is a good chunk of a house, and I can have all the cars and other toys and trinkets I need once the mortgage is paid!

We get minimum wage, $7.25, but as I said, the state of KY would rather minimum wage be the old $5.15, only one city has a higher minimum wage, and that's Louisville. We have had people attempting to run for office, and some actually win, that have publicly admitted that if they could, they would force a lower minimum wage statewide.

That aside, as I said, most people here, unless they work in a large city are making minimum wage with reduced hours since no one here wants to move people to full time. That includes Walmart, Lowes, most all factories outside of major cities, most all fast food, and even people with "professional" level jobs get the shaft on hours.

But, like I said earlier, for most around here, 50K would last them 3-5 years as a single person with no child, and no debts, and if they didn't work for those 3-5 years. The way I see it, if you are playing the lottery, you are playing for yourself and for no one else. If you want to live in a fancier more expensive house where COL is higher overall, then yeah, 50k would probably only last you a year.
Federal is federal. It's against the law to pay below minimum for a standard labor job. If people aren't fighting that then I don't really feel sorry for them. Even if the state has a law for minimum the employee is entitled to the higher minimum wage. Still though, Kentucky ranks 47 with average being 40k and a 3% lower cost of living rate than Texas with our rank being 25 at 49k. If the average median is 40k that means half make above that and half make below that. If everybody and their cousins brother makes less than minimum wage in the state while having less than 30 hour weeks then how does the balance come in at 40k? Doesn't add up buddy.

At 40k median.

Back
Top Bottom