Life qoutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigos

Baseband Member
I want to create the biggest collection of life quotes and ask you to help me.

I know these ones:

If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire. ~Author Unknown

There are many in this old world of ours who hold that things break about even for all of us. I have observed for example that we all get the same amount of ice. The rich get it in the summertime and the poor get it in the winter. ~Bat Masterson

No one is listening until you fart. ~Author Unknown

Keep a thing seven years and it's bound to come in handy. ~Russian Proverb

Admiration is a very short-lived passion, that immediately decays upon growing familiar with its object. ~Joseph Addison, The Spectator

~dont conduct business in a beer joint~ my grandpa

~having a girlfriend your freshman year in college is like taking a sandwich to a buffet~ my dad

~there's only two things in life making it worth livin...
that's guitars that tune good and firm-feelin women~ waylon jennings

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get. - Forrest Gump

Stupid is as stupid does. - Gump

The best things in life are free. - unknown

You reap what you soe. - unknown

You get what you deserve. - unkown

Never squat with your spurs on. ~Anon

Never buy a pig in a poke. ~Local saying

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, odds are it is a duck. ~Anon

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. ~Ecclesiastes

If you play with fire you are going to get burned. ~Anon

Life is too short to hold a grudge. ~Mom

Experience is a hard teacher. First she gives the test, and only then does she give the lesson. ~Anon

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking. ~Gen. George Patton

Better to fight for something than live for nothing. ~Gen. George Patton

A poke is Tennessee slang for a bag. A pig in a poke is something that looks right and sounds right, but you have no way of sing sure.

In other words, don't make deal for something you don't know for sure is real or not.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.~ Various ascended beings from Stargate.

You can't fix stupid. ~ Ron White

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ~ Churchill

Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds. ~ Einstein

If life gives you lemons make lemonade ~ Anon

Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you. ~ Tealc (Stargate)

Here is a short chapter in the Quran I love.

"Al-Maun
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Hast thou observed him who belieth religion? (1) That is he who repelleth the orphan, (2) And urgeth not the feeding of the needy. (3) Ah, woe unto worshippers (4) Who are heedless of their prayer; (5) Who would be seen (at worship) (6) Yet refuse small kindnesses! (7) "

Thats a message for all the self righteous people with dark hearts.

Other then the Quran I do have some verses I liked from underground rap I used to listen to.

I must have died, then I woke up, suprised I'm alive/
I'm in a hospital bed, they rescued me, I survived/
I escaped the war, came back/
But ain't escape Agent Orange, two of my kids born handicapped/
Spastic, quadriplegic, micro cephalic/
Cerebral palsy, cortical blindness, name it they had it/
My son died he ain't live, but I still try to think positive/
Cause in life, God take, God give/

Sorry about posting any thing religious on here. Its just that the concept of a creator is something I've always held. So for its pretty much just another part of every day life.

JediMind Tricks Uncommon Valor FTW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom