life is full of lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
just a couple months ago, I was thinking "man, life is SWEET right now." money in the bank, gas in the tank, awesome girlfriend, good health...

but now...

1) my lower back is extremely painful and i'm very limited in my mobility and flexibility. the only thing that helps for more than a few minutes (stretches are only a temporary fix) is Vicodin. but I don't want to keep taking it because it keeps me in a haze at work and I don't want to get dependent on it. doctor offered no help or insight for my problem.

2) my grandfather just went in the hospital for the 2nd time in a month with internal bleeding, and his Alzheimer's has gotten 11ty billion times worse recently because of the hospital stays. he probably doesn't have more than a few months left.

3) my car is leaking a quart+ of oil every 2 weeks, the passenger side window and outside door handle do not work. but I can't justify nor afford spending the $1k to fix all of it on a 13-year-old car with 163k+ miles (at least it's a Toyota, though).

4) I didn't get the $3k raise I was promised at work b/c I work for a non-profit (dependent on other people having money and giving some of it to us)

on the plus side, the stock market is rallying and all of my stocks are in the green...

PITY ME, tech forums, and give me hugs and kisses

it's funny how life's ups and downs can be so extreme and swing to the other side so quickly. have you noticed? dare to share?

Still got the girl? If so, that's a positive!

It always gets worse before it gets better. A year ago my life was in the toilet and it seriously looked like things would NEVER get better. Now, things are much, much better--far from ideal still--but better. Just hang in there and you'll pull through it. It does help (even though it's hard) to look at the things that ARE going well.

Good luck! Hope things turn for ya!

heck yea I still got the girl. +a million points for that.

yea, I've had plenty of ups and downs in my life. sometimes it's just therapeutic to share and hear other folks' stories

Hey molsen, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather, it must be a hard time for all the family.

I was in a similar position to you about a year ago. My mum was very ill with cancer and coincidentally, I had similar lower back problems. Then my mum died. Then I bought a house. Then (over time) my back got better. Now I have tennis elbow (which sucks).

The raise thing is a bummer, but as long as you can live, you're cool (imo).

So yeah, life is a sinewave, but don't do up and down with it. That's called Bipolar Disorder!

Anyway, large hugs and sloppy kisses from teh UK...

I know how you feel Molsen. Exactly how you feel.

We need to have one of those long phone chats that we used to have. It's been awhile. If you ever need to talk or just feel like blowing off steam, give me a call.

That is rough molsen...it's no fun to hear about anyone who really cares about life get knocked down. We have all been lost, we have all been knocked to the ground. I know I am not popular on the forums and no one knows me but I am a daily visitor and I still like to throw my two pennies in sometimes. I have been going through a similar rough patch for the past 2 years. My best friend overdosed on drugs and died, a few months after that my dad had a 2nd triple by-pass (still alive and kickin). I got stuck working at a bad job and at the same time going through a bad break up (we lived together for 3 years too) which meant having to struggle with rent and car payments and I was 19 years old making $9/hr at a tobacco store. Then my dad told me to move down to Panama where he is.. I figured it would be a good opportunity to be with him and to try something new. But of course, before I left, apparently I just had to get a DUI :).

A weekend in jail, $1,200 in fines, a trip to the USA and back for court + expense$ (after I moved to PA I had to go back), and now I am settled here I am in Panama. In debt, carless, no way to get a valid drivers license, don't know weather I want to stay here or go back to the states, so man, I feel you. I do have some friends and a girlfriend here though, a social life helps haha. 2 years ago I was skipping right along with life with a smile on my face and now it seems a little bit more difficult to put myself all WOOHOO in the morning. All in good time though, everything is with time. Hope your situation gets better, and it will. Small good **** will happen that will accumulate and some day from now you will take a step back and realize that what happened in the past could really have gotten worse (like no gf and even less money). And then you, like most all of us, will fall right back into a rut and do the same process over.

And if I had $0.42 for every time I heard someone tell me ¨it's just life¨ I wouldn't have any ****ing money issues:freak:

I'm in there with you, molsen. :D

No job, can't even buy one around here right now. My wife is out of work and is ineligible to draw unemployment. I am on my 4th month of unemployment, so I only have a couple of months left of it, but we are hitting the wall as far as bills go. Last month used up what we had left in savings and extra income,... we have the house payment made this month but the rest of the bills are up in the air right now.

Our insurance ran out on the 31st. I still haven't got any papers for COBRA, but we can't afford it anyway. I've still got my folks and I know they will do all they can to help us out, but both are retired and they are not made out of money.

It's funny how life can change on you, and just how fast it can do it. Be working in a good paying job one week, laid off and unemployed the next.

Life is FULL of ups (haha, i first typed in updates, you can tell whats on my brain) and downs, I'm in a slump right now. Moved out back in September, the week of I went from 40+ hours a week down to about half of that. Had to move back home last December because work only got worse. I work for a company that's directly effected by airline travel, so you can understand why we've been hit so hard. Since then I've been paying off the debt I occured, I'm only about $500 from being in the black again, so another month or so and I should be sitting pretty.

Dad lost his job back in November, thankfully he's in his 50s and has a nest egg he's been able to live off of. Still hasn't found a new job yet. What makes it harder is if he does find a job, he's not going to get paid half of what he was getting paid, so an employer knows if a better job comes along he'll take that. What makes it worse is my Dad's in his mid 50s, so retirement is somewhat around the corner. He was makeing 110k a year +, down to unemployment just like that. Mom doesnt even get paid much, thanks to school teachers not getting paid squat.

Everyone goes through ups and downs, some in different ways then others and more extremes then others. Just be thankfull you have someone there for you, your girlfriend. I know mines made this whole thing a lot easier.

I try to be positive about it and I think you should too. You have a car, it needs work, but it runs. Just use a heavier weight of oil then 5W-30. That should help slow the leak a bit especially if its the rear main seal.

You're still alive, you have people who care for you in your life, you at least have a job, which nearly 10% of this country doesn't have. At some point you will fix your car or you'll get a different one, you'll make more money someday, find a different Dr whose more helpfull. I wouldn't go to any Dr who says take a vicodin and maybe youll feel better. It's hard seeing a family member die. Everyone has to go through it, it sucks big time, it's hard, ******, and no one likes going through it, but it's part of our process. At least you have had him in your life for this long, so that's something to be thankfull for.

Life is like a box of chocolates... everything looks amazing but then the sun comes out and melts everything and your hands get messy and you become sad because you didn't get to eat the chocolates, but on the plus side you didn't need them because you're watching your weight because that darn jenny craig deal just didn't work and your girlfriend doesn't like when you're overweight even though she could stand to lose a few pounds herself but the treadmill in your basement is broken so you try to fix it but end up jamming your finger so you exclaim a vulgarity and your girlfriend is super religious so you break up because she doesn't like swearing so you get really sad and get drunk at the local pub and end up going home with some random girl and next thing you know you're in the hospital and they still haven't figured out a cure for aids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom