license plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke has hit it on the head as to why we still have a visual ID on the car, say your car was stolen in a car jacking you flag a cop car down and say my green ford astra was stolen well there is a few thousand green astras in the city and it would take a thousand cops to find it.

This is true. Which is why all cars should have better theif deterrent systems, such as if you start driving the car while the alarm is going off or within 60seconds of it going off the steering wheel detonates a shotgun shell right into your chest. Brilliant.

^doesnt have to involve a car being stolen though....could be a robbery, a car collision, etc etc....and believe me, people would be able to find a way to bypass what u said

There would be no way around it, sod the shotgun shell. I meant frag grenade.

This is me joking. I'm not a serious person unless i have to be :p

ok, i put alot of time into my car and i hate the stock plates. they are multicolored and dont go with the dark theme of my car. and in texas getting custom plates is a few hundred bucks a year. ok, would it be illegal to paint the entire thing black, then paint the letters white or silver? so the numbers/letters would be easily read, but the plate fits my car theme better

Yes. I would be illegal. Especially considering that now days cars plates are by number letter combination, number letter spacing and colour.

Regular plates are doing fine, current camera systems automaticaly figure out what the plate says, and compares it to the database, if stolen, the police are automatically alerted...

When I was at work one day, police drove through the hotel parking lot, (they do this all at random, every week, at every hotel) and scaned each and every plate with a camera, found out a guy that has been on the run was staying at the hotel with a car that had been stolen, been running for two years, but, because of a camera system that alerted the police, they caught his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom