LG Combo drive: Blu-Ray and HD DVD

that type of space would reqire a lot of technologies:
untitled21hs9.jpg

troy272 said:
I don't even think there's anything beyond that as of yet. a yottabyte is far far beyond a terabyte which we're just now reaching in storage terms, imagine the possibilities of a 1YB hard drive! :D
it goes on forever just like numbers go on, we may not have a technology to hol dthat much stuff, but its there

joxley1990 said:
Zottabyte..

actually zottabyte comes before yottabyte. Zotta is 10 to the 21 power and Yotta is 10 to the 24 power. The highest I found was luma which is 10 to the 63 power but it's non SI whatever that means...

$1200?!?!?!? Whew, it's a great drive and LG is one of the best---but even I can't afford something like that. I think I'll wait for it to come down a bit.

DVD players cost roughly the same price when it first came out. Now it's so freaking cheap. That's why I'm not adopting any next-gen format for a while. DVD's are perfectly fine for me.

alvino said:
DVD players cost roughly the same price when it first came out. Now it's so freaking cheap. That's why I'm not adopting any next-gen format for a while. DVD's are perfectly fine for me.

I agree. DVD's are fine and aren't crippled with DRM as blu-ray and HD DVD are. I also think it will be awhile for either format to take dominance because more people have standard TV sets than HD sets and a lot aren't in a rush such as myself. DVD's are fine for me and the quality is fine for me, also I like how easy they are to work with and how readily available they are.

Well back in the day of DVDs, there weren't pesky companies like the RIAA and things like licensing. Piracy wasn't as big of a problem either.

Well Vivid Entertainment is still backing both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, but I can imagine HD-DVD with more features. :D

Back
Top Bottom