Let's talk mice..

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
So I need to get a new mouse for my laptop. I currently use an MX518 from back in the day with my desktop. The size is great, I always have to crank the dpi up to the max (1600) I believe, and I have to have page forward and page back buttons. Other than that I don't quite care much. Similar size since I have big hands, high dpi, and those buttons. Wireless would be nice, but as I've been out of the game for a while I don't know if they've fixed some of the lag issues or not in gaming. Price isn't much of an issue, but over $100 would be tough for me to justify for a mouse. Going to hop to the Logitech website now and check out their offerings, but any assistance is appreciated.

Wireless hasn't been an issue for a decade now, even less of an issue with Lightspeed mice.

I'd look at the G502. I see the special edition version go on sale for 39 bucks constantly on Amazon. I have the G052 Lightspeed now, as well as 2 other wired G502s. To me it's the closest comparable mouse to the old MX mice and G5 from back in the day.

That's actually the one that caught my eye the most too. I see they brought the MX518 out of retirement, but I think it's time to get away from that, plus it doesn't look that great. i'll have to dig into it a bit more, but I think that's the way I'm leaning.

I have a Logitech G700s...I'm going to be sad when it dies since they don't make it anymore. Wired / wireless, plenty of buttons, stored profiles...all the good stuff. I have a G602 wireless mouse at the office; have shortcuts in Visual Studio tied to the side buttons for that mouse.

I have a Logitech G700s...I'm going to be sad when it dies since they don't make it anymore. Wired / wireless, plenty of buttons, stored profiles...all the good stuff. I have a G602 wireless mouse at the office; have shortcuts in Visual Studio tied to the side buttons for that mouse.
That's my best friends favorite mouse and he bought 6 brand new backups.

Interesting. I was looking at some of the mice with more buttons on the side, and wasn't sure if I would even be able to discern the different buttons without having to look at them. Might need to see if there are any in a store near me to get a better look and feel on some of these.

Exact story with me and the Logitech G500/G500s. That thing fit me like a glove, every curve and every button perfectly placed as if tailored for me specifically.

When my G500s died I went for the G502 and while it's not a bad mouse, it just doesn't have that level of comfort. I wish I'd bought a few G500s to keep as cold spares.

Interesting. I was looking at some of the mice with more buttons on the side, and wasn't sure if I would even be able to discern the different buttons without having to look at them. Might need to see if there are any in a store near me to get a better look and feel on some of these.
For me all I want is Forward, Middle, and Back buttons on the side of the mouse in that order. They're indispensable.

Back
Top Bottom