Lenovo unknown password

placidarc

Baseband Member
Hi.
My son recently passed away and he had a Lenovo lap top. We wish to give this to our grand daughter but it is password protected. We cannot find the password. Is there any way to recover. Help.
Regards.
Mike

Contact the manufacturer.
Or you could remove the hard drive and put in a new one and add an OS and start from scratch.

Sorry for your loss. If you don't need any of the data on the computer, Look into doing a "factory reset." Some laptops have a special key you can press on startup to enter a recovery mode for performing it. Would need to know the model of the laptop to research it.

Lenovo may also have info on their website if you search the model number there.

If you want to preserve the data, then we have to go a different approach.

Yes I would press either f2 f9 f10 f11 right as you see your computer's name come up on the computer screen to get into the recovery mode like Crazyman said....then you could restore the computer to factory settings as long as the computer has a restore partition.

Most new computers have one.

If you reset it you will loose all the drive contents. I don't know if it has sentimental value but I assume it might very well. Swapping in a new drive will get it running for you and maintain the contents of the current drive as a keepsake.

Hi.
My son recently passed away and he had a Lenovo lap top. We wish to give this to our grand daughter but it is password protected. We cannot find the password. Is there any way to recover. Help.
Regards.
Mike

Can you tell me that this is a BIOS password or Windows password?

If it's Windows, which version is it?

Windows passwords are very easy to break, BIOS password much less so. I think Kevin has beaten me to the crunch here though so I'll just subscribe and see how this goes :D

Windows passwords are very easy to break, BIOS password much less so. I think Kevin has beaten me to the crunch here though so I'll just subscribe and see how this goes :D

Well! As you said, Windows password is very easy to reset with a few commands.

However, the OP didn't say what the password is so it appears he don't need the assistance anymore :) :whistling:

OP prolly searched Youtube and found the answer or just said the heck with it and re-installed windows.

Well! As you said, Windows password is very easy to reset with a few commands.

However, the OP didn't say what the password is so it appears he don't need the assistance anymore :) :whistling:

Sorry for delay in replying but was sorting out sons affairs. Is a Windows 10 password

Back
Top Bottom