Lenovo N585 SSD Upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paTpO2mnDEU

Looks like it would work. but i did find something saying that laptop only has sata II not sataIII so it may not be able to take advantage of the full speed of an ssd. I'm NOT saying you shouldn't do it, just saying don't worry about spending big money on the fastest thing you can find. Most of the benefits you'll see are in the random read/write speed.

Not only that, It'll save energy by not having to run the mechanical devices.

The hard drive that comes installed on the computer is a 320 GB. Where as the SSD is a 250 gigabyter. Mighf just leave the 320 gber and not update.

One does not buy an SSD for the storage capacity, but for the speed. If you want more space, get a 1TB HDD and you are good to go.

Received the computer today. Boots up fast. I thought that Windows 10 required a password after booting up computer. This one doesn't.

Received the computer today. Boots up fast. I thought that Windows 10 required a password after booting up computer. This one doesn't.

You can go into one of the system settings and change that. When my Lenovo was delivered it required a password when booting. I went in and changed that to "no" password. Just a matter of choice.

Back
Top Bottom