Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Should they make it legal??? I think they should make it legal. Because its a gateway drug most teens start using it because of the danger factor in getting caught which increases the high. Trust me I know from 1st hand experience. If you legalize weed and put it on the market the goverment controls it and they can tax it. Taxes go to eduaction and proof you got yourself a sound education problems. Also making it legal will lower the overall drug use as less and less poeple use it. If you tell someone its illegal they'll go hrm maybe I should try thatt. Also drinking age in america at 21? Thats crazy what does it do for their youth. Makes them alcholics because instead of snipping o beer they are chugging the whiskey in the bathroom before their parents walk in. THat creates alchoics. I would like to point out germany in this case. Germany has its alcholics. They do not going lie, but no where near the % that american has. And DUI is rare here. Its nota common thing ebcause poeple matured at a early age and grew UP! Unlike in america where a lot of teenagers don't know how to drink and become alchoics. Also for the weed i'd point out holland. There crime is low, and they ahve weed legal. There DUis are low and they ahve weed legal. They have loosen laws and have less crime then america. What do you thinka bout legalize of weed and drinking age at 16. O yea everything becomes legal at age of 16 as well. Drinking, smoking (weed and cigs). It'd do america a lot of good.

Drinking at any age of an ealier age then 21 doubles your risk for seriously ****ing up your liver. There are also many many more people over here in America then Gernmany. So thus, more DUI's and related. We actually do mature at an early age, hell I could have taken care of myself sense the age of 13. And just go let you know.. you say
Also drinking age in america at 21? Thats crazy what does it do for their youth.

I dont get that.. I mean what good does drinking do for us in the first place?

Yeah crime is lower then here: Because there are less people.

And you want us to make all this shit legal.. why? So we can go party, get shitfaced, and have even more underage sex (and that equals pregnancies)

O yea everything becomes legal at age of 16 as well. Drinking, smoking (weed and cigs). It'd do america a lot of good.

You are quite the idiot. Hell your a good person.. but you really dont think with your head... Sometimes at least..

Anyways.. What good would it do to us. We can already get it easyily enough. Hell.. im 15, in a small town of like 2000. I can get ANYTHING. I know all the local gangs. I know the clicks... I know everything about this little hell hole. But guess what.. I can do and get what ever in the hell I want. Guns/knives/dope. Anything man.. And guess what.. I still have never been in a gang. Never gotten drunk. I dont go party.. Why? Because I am mature. Sure.. I have a girlfriend.. we do things.. Natural.. But the thing is we dont need alchaol (sp) to do what we want have have a good time.

So basicly your telling us to lower our standards, have even more drunks, and druggies around out streets. You want us to have more homeless people because there too busy buying drugs from the local store, and not saving it for a house or place to live. And their always to wasted to get a job.

And even so guess what.. All that tax money you said we could get from it, would go straight to welfare for the people using the drugs they bought. Good system for them. They get high, and drunk, and plead to the state, for them to buy a house with thier tax money.

Because you are saying for the United States of America to legalize all this right?

well the age for beer doesn't really matter. People will find ways to get beer even if they are under the legal age.
And do u really think that making weed legal would solve the problem?
I don't. Sure maybe the % of teens trying it would go down a little, but then every one who uses it can just go to the local store and buy it. That also means that the price would probably drop. And that means that more and more people would start using it all the time.
And I don't think holland has such a low crime rate, sure it's lower than in the US, and lower than in many other countries. But then again there are many many countries that have a lower crime rate than holland. So legalizing weed might have helped, but still doing just one thing won't make a big effect in the crime rates.

And in the US u have to be 21 to buy beer? Wow, here we need to be 18, which I think is quite a good age limit.

I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18. It makes sense...you can join the army and risk you life, yet you can't even have a beer. :rolleyes:

As for weed. No. Unless that person really needs it for medicinal use, no.

Legalizing only makes it easir to get. It wont make anything go down.. I mean sure.. They could get high so much it hurts, and then they stop using it. And get high off another drug.

Because its called the gateway drug for a reason.

And if that doesnt work then they get tired of it.. And a whole new generation does it. And the process repeats..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
And even so guess what.. All that tax money you said we could get from it, would go straight to welfare for the people using the drugs they bought. Good system for them. They get high, and drunk, and plead to the state, for them to buy a house with thier tax money.

that is a very good point.

England has I hear,[1] the highest rate for teenage pregnancies [2] the highest for teenage drunkenness & drug taking [3] the highest for teenage hooliganism, including happy slapping, in Europe
Happy slapping, is, I believe, peculiar only to England, the victim is punched, slapped or kicked to the ground for absolutely no reason, while one of their mates record it on their photo mobile phone [cell phone] on TV, yesterday, a girl was suddenly knocked off of her cycle with a vicious back-hander & a car behind her narrowly avoided running her over, what are members view of this horrific so-called "game", also, there are cases of 15-18 year-olds raping women in their 70's & 80's!!!

I tell you, I'm ashamed of present-day England, I do realise that some States in the US have very high levels of violence, but until a year or so ago, the levels here were fairly low.

Brookfield said:
England has I hear,[1] the highest rate for teenage pregnancies [2] the highest for teenage drunkenness & drug taking [3] the highest for teenage hooliganism, including happy slapping, in Europe
Happy slapping, is, I believe, peculiar only to England, the victim is punched, slapped or kicked to the ground for absolutely no reason, while one of their mates record it on their photo mobile phone [cell phone] on TV, yesterday, a girl was suddenly knocked off of her cycle with a vicious back-hander & a car behind her narrowly avoided running her over, what are members view of this horrific so-called "game", also, there are cases of 15-18 year-olds raping women in their 70's & 80's!!!

I tell you, I'm ashamed of present-day England, I do realise that some States in the US have very high levels of violence, but until a year or so ago, the levels here were fairly low.

I am in complete agreement with you. The other night when I was down at my local pub and a guy, minding his own business was "happy slapped" on a bus by a bunch of teenage goons with nothing better to do. It's a shame, my town used to be a relatively good place to live in. Now, it's basically guaranteed if you're walking through town on your own in the evenings you'll get the hell beaten out of you and/or mugged.

I also think a lot more needs to be done to keep the legal drinking age of 18 here, if not put to 21. It's also way too easy to get alcohol these days, people don't realise how much it takes control of your senses, and teenagers think it's "cool" or "rebellious" to go out at the age of 14 and get themselves absolutely mashed when they can't handle a few pints of lager. I'm all 100% for people, at the age of 16 and up, smoking weed and drinking at HOME, under the eye of a responsible adult. That way the drinking and drug taking doesn't taken onto the streets, and people have less chance of getting hurt. After all, the most important thing when it comes to drink and drug taking is to learn your own limits, learn when you've taken enough or too much. It's much better than going out on your 18th and drinking too much because you don't know when you've had too much, possibly resulting in having your stomach pumped and a severe hangover in the morning. The law on weed here, I think is about right. Most of the police around here don't care if you have any on you, as long as it is a small amount and you're not intending to sell it on. It is the same at a few good festivals too. You can smoke up right infront of security or a police officer, and they won't do a thing. If you're high as a kite you're a lot less likely to go around in an angry mob kicking the turd out of people like some people might do with heavy drinking.

I like your point of view on things, you think outside of the box...

Nik00117 said:
Also drinking age in america at 21?
I agree with you, but not for the same reason, I think that if an 18 year old kid can go to war and die for his country, then he should be able to come home and have a beer while watching a ball game.

I think you all have good points on this subject.

Lowering the drinking age ain't going to make to much difference, kids are going to drink anyway weather there old enough or not. The only difference with lowering the age would be to put them in bars earlier and have them fight in there cause there probably not mature enough to keep there mouths shut.

I think stiffer plenalties for underage drinkers are in order though, not just a fine, throw them in a drunk tank for a night or give them a big fine not a $485 which is what it is in Canada now i think. Raise it to 1000 may give them something more to think about before they start drinking underage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom