Learning Programming

So would going with C# be fine? As it now seems that it also can be used on tablets and phones, I may want to try this out and it seems to be one of the choices even if I only think of PC.

Does this seem fine?

I definitely would suggest python. It's so easy to get to grips with it and I am currently improving my fluency in it by developing a cookie clicker type of game.

So would going with C# be fine? As it now seems that it also can be used on tablets and phones, I may want to try this out and it seems to be one of the choices even if I only think of PC.

Does this seem fine?

IMO it's really up to you. I'd suggest C#, but that's because that I'm most familiar with and prefer as my general-purpose language.

I'd say if you wanted to, start out with Python since there's a lot of beginner-focused stuff for it. Then, once you get a handle on programming logic (if-statements, loops, functions, etc.), move over to C# and learn the syntax of it.

If you could get a reasonably good understanding of C programming it should help you. Then you can move onto object oriented languages such as C# or Java.

I'd say if you wanted to, start out with Python since there's a lot of beginner-focused stuff for it. Then, once you get a handle on programming logic (if-statements, loops, functions, etc.), move over to C# and learn the syntax of it.

This is what I'm doing, I'm learning c# now for unity.

To learn basic programming concepts Python is a good start. Not too complicated and pretty powerful for lots of applications. Most recently I've used it as an authenticated web scraper to get our data usage from our ISP and display as a graph.

That said, it definitely has downsides. Currently it's split between two versions that have different syntax and support, all a big headache really :/ version 3 is better I'd say, but support for it sucks. That said, as you're just writing some basic stuff on one machine, this shouldn't affect you really.

If you want something *really* easy to start off with, check out AHK: https://autohotkey.com/download/
It's similar to Apple's AppleScript in that it's based much more around plain english. I still use it pretty often, and it has all the usual logic you'll have to work with in other languages anyway (loops, if/then/else/, try/catch, etc)

not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but what type of compilers are good? I'm using code:blocks for C right now

not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but what type of compilers are good? I'm using code:blocks for C right now

That's what I used when I did C/C++ on Windows. Seemed to work the best and be most compatible with *nix.

Back
Top Bottom