Le Sigh.

PaperPlunger

In Runtime
3dMark06 Scores

Hey guys. I recently started using 3dMark06, and I had a few questions. The main problem I am having is the frustration that a kid with the same setup (basically) is getting almost double my score... He has 1 more gig of ram than I do, but his processor is way slower than mine... How is he destroying me so badly? These are the comparison specs.

I'm on the left.

3dMark3556.bmp.jpg

Besides the drivers and RAM and CPU, I am an equal of him, so why are his specs so much better than mine?

BTW My RAM timings are 3-4-4-8 the timings should be 2-3-2-5, but some jerk-off from PQI told me my A8N-SLI Prem couldn't handle those timings and told me to make my timings way slower so my system wouldn't crash... Shouldn't my mobo be able to handle those timings? I think he just didn't want to RMA it.

EDIT
I just looked back at it, he's sli'ing two 7600's, but still, I should be a bit higher...

My score was 3556

TibsBeatAll said:
you have one gfx. He has two. How should you have a higher score.

I didn't say I should have a higher score, now did I? I was just wondering why mine was so low in comparison. Is there any way to boost my score (dramatically?)?

PaperPlunger said:
I didn't say I should have a higher score, now did I? I was just wondering why mine was so low in comparison. Is there any way to boost my score (dramatically?)?

yes, get two 8800GTS's and 2GB of RAM. And overclock your processor.

I remember reading benchmarks for the 7600GT. SLI sometimes managed to yield a 100% increase over a single 7600GT.

PaperPlunger said:
Why, are you in a competition with your friend?

His is faster because he has 2 gpu's and 2 gb of ram.
You have 1 gpu and 1 gb of ram.

He has double what you have, so his score should be double.

Back
Top Bottom