LCD vs CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycook

Beta member
Hi! First time poster...I was wondering what everyone thought about LCD Monitors vs CRT Monitors. I mainly use my computer for gaming and esp FPS Games. I have heard that LCD monitors are not good for gaming esp FPS Games as they "Ghost". I want to get a new 19" monitor and I was thinking of an LCD until I read this...any thoughts or suggestions appreciated...Thanks!:cool:

CRT's are cheaper and have better image quality and lower response times. This means a bigger, but better monitor.

LCD's have their place, in laptops and people who need portabality.

turtile said:
Get a CRT
Brighter
Higher Resolution
Cheaper
Better Viewing angle

I agree with everything besides the Higher Resolution part. That is not necessarily true. It depends on how the monitor is built. Just because it is a CRT, doesnt automatically make it have higher resolutions.

I'd say go with an LCD. I've got a 17 inch LCD and any "ghosting" problems are not obvious at all, it's very hard to tell the difference when playing on LCD vs. CRT. Plus, there is very little glare from windows and lights. As for the viewing angle, get an LCD that says "wide viewing angle" I can look at mine from almost any angle. Also, LCD's are much sexier. Hope this helps!

Agreed,

I have a LCD, and am gonna be buying another becuz of my next gaming right and have dual monitors. They are perfect for me, depends on what you want.

I have been playing far cry on a 17" analog LCD with 450:1 contrast ratio. It has a nice picture & smooth graphics.

I always thought that LCD's were brighter but CRT's had quicker refresh rates & higher contrast ratio's & thats why they were preferred for games. LCD's also consume about half the power of CRT's.

Regardless, LCD's can be great for games IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom