LCD Monitor or new graphics card...

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
yeap..... I want to buy one of those, my friend gotr a 17" flat panel LCD monitor by a company called envision for 221$ i was amazed, maybe I will buy that or should i buy a new graphics card? and if so which one should i get? if a monitor which one do you suggest?

Well it all depends what you do with your PC. If you play games a lot, getting a better graphic card is better because LCD are nice buy they don't respond as fast a regular monitor. So your friend's monitor may look nice, but when he plays games, it could be a different story.

refresh rate is better on CRT,'s get like a 20in crt monitor instead of an LCD. if your going to get a monitor

I'm happy with my LCD... It's cheap(still VGA, only 15") but I really like it. My eye's don't bother me as much, and normally I don't notice much smearing.

I guess it really depends on what you do. If you're doing mostly typing/internet/etc stuff, go for LCD. If you go for high speed games, CRT would probably be best. If you do both, get a nice LCD with a higher refreash rate as some people here said... That's my opinion at least ;)

Newer LCD screens now have hardly any ghosting at all, and are good even on games.

Though I have found out, you know the response times on one of these monitors? (New ones are even somethnig as low as 15ms response time) well, that is only switching the pixels from Black to white. Any other shades and colours increases this amount...

Though if you get one that good anyway (though it might be expenive) you probably wouldn't notice much difference.

30 and lower I'd say is okay for playing normal games on. Racing games could have a problem though, where alot of movement is needed.

*KaGe*

I would get a LCD ...I got mine from walmart...it works great...when u play a game it looks so MUCH BETTER!........you cant tell its from walmart...:)

seriously though LCD screens show stuff so much nicer than CRT. with the exception of response time LCD's kick some ass. although even mine (BENQ FP731) does not ghost playing, HL2, CSS, ETC.

Back
Top Bottom