LCD Monitor Help Please

PrimeSu$pect

Beta member
Ok I have a cheap 19" CRT now but I really cant stand it. I was thinging about getting a 17" LCD which would be great size for my desk.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009027
acer AL1715B Black 17" 12ms LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 450:1 0.264mm Pixel Pitch - Retail.

Does anyone have any opinions on this monitor? It got goor reviews and seems to be a good price. I cannot spend over $250 and that must inclde shipping. If anyone know of any other LCD's that may be good in that price range let me know. thanks alot.

Well, just as a side note, flat-screen displays are dropping dramatically in price. I suggest waiting until at least after the holiday season if you want to save a few more bucks.

DOes your video card support DVI? If so, that would be the best way to go when getting an LCD monitor. Unfortuntaley, that monitor does not support DVI. The monitor you linked has an average response time. Contrast ratio is very low in my opinion.

It's a great monitor for everyday use but probably no too good at video editing and especially gaming.

It looks nice to me. To check if your video card supports DVI, look for the DVI port on it. Here's what it should look like:

P450-8510bCOUT.jpg

Obviously, the card is different from yours, but the DVI port will look the same.

Back
Top Bottom