Law of Attraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that bothered me about that movie was the fact that they suggested all these famous minds (A. Einstein and others) as beliving in this "law of attraction" but they never supplied any proof that these people ever belived it or even knew about it. They just quoted some things these people said which were not necessarily related to the "secret" in any way.

molsen said:
I'm with Crysalis on this one.

If you are determined to do something, you can probably do it. But it has nothing to do with brainwaves and subconscious thoughts. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it. Don't get me wrong. I think our brains are capable of more than what we normally do with them, but ****, I've really wanted to be rich this year, but I haven't had that opportunity. I really focused on trying to get into a relationship with a girl at school but it didn't happen. There's too many examples of it not working vs. examples of it working to call examples of success anything but coincidences.

Simply put, being determined goes a long way. But it has nothing to do with brainwaves.

You are a good man. :p

Meh I'm still convinced, if my business idea fails or I don't get a car by my birthday perhaps I will reconsider. Your subconscious is incredibly complicated though and it certainly does effect the health of your body. Last year in psychology I studied a Freud case where some female patient got pains in her legs. After some diagnosis, Freud determined it was some weird repressed memory (I can't remember exactly what) and after she dealt with it the pains went away

now... by saying getting a car by your b-day... are you looking for a new car? If so, then of course you will probably get one soon. If you weren't looking and you got one, that would be a different story.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I was thinking about this earlier.

Have you ever been sitting there just thinking deeply about something, like really focusing on something. And doing this with someone else like pretty close to you. Then all of a sudden that person says, "What did you say?" And your like, "um, I didn't say anything." They they are like, "Oh I though you said something."

That happens to me a lot. And in both ways. I asked them / They ask me.

I wonder if that in someway, shape or form is related to other humans receiving and interpreting your brainwaves, even if it's subconsciously.

Interesting.

Has anyone ever experienced this? What do you think causes that?

gaara said:
Last year in psychology I studied a Freud case where some female patient got pains in her legs. After some diagnosis, Freud determined it was some weird repressed memory (I can't remember exactly what) and after she dealt with it the pains went away

thats completely different from what the video was saying. there is no doubt that the mind has great control over the body. there's almost a hundred studies that prove it.

but can our minds control our destiny by brainwaves alone? that's almost impossible to test because of the numerous outside factors, including being determined and even the idea of determinism.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Has anyone ever experienced this? What do you think causes that?

I've had similar experiences, and I don't think they can really be explained with current science. I think the instances are rare and often merely coincidences. See, our mind, by it's nature, tries to categorize and attach a framework of explanation to everything that happens.

Visually, this is why people see the virgin mary on a peace of burnt toast or the devil in a smoke cloud over the WTC towers.

Similarly, our brain does this for experiences. Coincidences can often be perceived is "connections" and "destiny" when they may not be.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have the ability to communicate on a subconscious level, but I think it's extremely rare, and is usually between a human and an animal.

If that movie is true, does that mean that the universe does revolve around me? :classic:

now... by saying getting a car by your b-day... are you looking for a new car? If so, then of course you will probably get one soon. If you weren't looking and you got one, that would be a different story.
Yes I am looking for a car, but as of right now I don't have the funds to pay for a car + insurance + gas + other expenses, and I'm also waiting for the right used car to pop up

If I wasn't looking and got one that wouldn't be a different story because I'm not attracting it into my life. The fact that I am content on getting a car in under 4 months should attract the right car into my life assuming this is true

thats completely different from what the video was saying.
Did you watch the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom