Laughs at people unaware at all with IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Those inferior people (just joking) sometimes tend to utter silly things about computers that make US the superiors (in other words those who use steadily computers and comprehend them well enough) unstopably lauging.

Those are the jokes we'll post here.

I have to warn you. Beware, sometimes those quotations can be extreme.

A friend of mine does not turn the graphics of this computer's video card in full volume in order not to make it blow up and never operate again. He is eighteen years old and have been using pcs since he was thirteen. I've been using computers for three years, but I'm apparently more qualified in computers than he would ever imagine himself to be. A bit praising myself he? Well, you'll get used to it.

An aqcuintance of mine wanted to get them a serial label for his xp (without buying a genuine one), beacause he had lost it. He expected to find an identical one with the same key as the one he had lost. I was telling him that every key is unique and either you have to buy a new one which is preincluded in the installation disc for this reason or to use a pirated xp version. There is more, without paying me any attention at all, he tried to install it by inserting random numbers and letters such as :

11111-11111-11111-11111-11111
12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
hbvyu-vgi7uf-3r4334-fe434-4r434

When I saw him operating that, I was totally socked.

DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO UTTERED THING LIKE THOSE I POSTED AND DIN NOT GET YOU ANY NOTICE ABOUT WHAT IS RIGHT TO DO?

I HOPE YOU FRANKLY UNDERSTOOD WHY IS USED SUPERIORITY AND INFERIORITY TO EXPRESS MY OPINION ABOUT THEESE GOOFS.

I had a friend tell me that formatting a computer hard-drive and re-installing windows could cause your hard-drive to melt/blow up due to the high rpm demands when formating??? lol??.

Another one says you have to be the biggest idiot in the world to want to format your computer. because its "so dangerous"

Most think that cleaning up a rig infested with adware and/or viruses involves some kind of voodoo and animal sacrifice or something. they bring me their computer, I clean it up (remove adware/spyware, scan for viruses, defrag multiple times, clean the registry, go into msconfig and kill off all the leaching programs, use bootvis to optimize startup, update Windows and its various components, maybe install a few casual games), and they go ga-ga over it. I spend a few hours over a week's time (usually, unless there is a rush), and they think I just outdid sliced bread. It just blows my mind.

I love hearing non-techies talk about their computer woes. I especially like when they talk about their computer getting older because it is slowing down... or that it is wearing out because it is getting slow... or them wondering if their computer is getting near its expiration date (I kid you not, she thought a computer was only good for so long and then it just stops).

I also love to hear a parent talk about their kid "using up the computer" playing games... like a computer is a bar of soap that shrinks until it is gone.

Oh, I gotta go to bed... things are getting too funny...

Oh god.

Some others think that if you lower the resolution of your monitor, it's pixels not needed any more will be burned/blown up and you can not achieve the former resolution any more unless you buy a new monitor.

I love hearing non-techies talk about their computer woes. I especially like when they talk about their computer getting older because it is slowing down... or that it is wearing out because it is getting slow... or them wondering if their computer is getting near its expiration date (I kid you not, she thought a computer was only good for so long and then it just stops).

I have the same problem with my friends...they say their computer is getting slow so they go out and buy another one....I tell them i can fix their old one and make it work just fine...its just all the crap on the hdd and adware and stuff. They dont think it can be done, so they buy a new one and let me have their old one. Ha, im going on 8+ comps all with atleast a p4 or athlon 3200 and they are all folding. And they were all free...even better. Its funny to see their reaction when they come over see their old computer working just as good if not better then the new one they bought.

But in all seriousness, lets not laugh at the ignorant. They just dont know, after all, we were all there at one time.

<q>I had a friend tell me that formatting a computer hard-drive and re-installing windows could cause your hard-drive to melt/blow up due to the high rpm demands when formating??? lol??.</q>

Believe it or not, this has happened before to a guy I was trouble shooting with when I used to work on phone support!!!!!!! Ah yes, it was monday... getting back from the weekend and my first call... how much longer will this format take? I was lucky enough to get to hear the crunch of the drive head, the yell of "oh ****" because a small puff of smoke came from (presumebly) the IC on the drive, and a very angry customer on the other line after hearing that no, in fact, formating a computer since saturday, or roughly ... if I remember correctly... he had been formating for 37 hours straight. Yep, he would go to bed, wake up and it was still a formating. Poor soul asked me to help him back up his data before the replacement HDD got there. So, in conclusion... the previous tech was an IDIOT, this guy needed a crash course in maintaining and basic computer use, and I was happy to finally get an IT job in a real server/IT sector.

Well, TheEnd187, I think that it depends on what people like, he might mentioned the design or something.

My mum teaches basic IT, typing, How to turn a computer on and off, how to send a email to people with learning difficulty's but when she get's out of her depth she loses it and who is it she calls... ME!

I find it funny that people with IT skill's are held as god's when something goes wrong, but when everything is going well you give them advice they just ignore it or just plod along with what they are doing and mess it up and you end up spending a hour or more telling them that they should have done what you said to in the first place.

Previous house mates Ex-GF
"Email? Where do we put the postage stamp on that?"

Few years back, I have a customer of mine that blew about $2000 on PC. After only just mastering Windows Media Player, he calls me up.
Customer :- How do be connect the DVD Player up to the PC?
Harper :- (Think) OH ****! He wants to do video capturing! Teaching him windows Media player was painful enough.
Harper :- You want to connect your DVD player to your Computer? Now why do you want to connect your DVD player up to your computer?
Customer :- I don't know. I thought you where the expert on these things.
Harper :- I suggest that you tell me what you are trying to acheive by plugging your DVD player into your computer, and then call me. Untill then i can not help you.

And the other people i hate is the "Computers Can Do Every Thing Leave It For the IT Guy To Work It Out" crowd. I get some insane requests from. Like i do a lot of CCTV Equipment. I shows this regulare business owner the camera. Now this guy is pretty cool, only that he does not like spending money.
Customer :- Can you view this online
Harper :- Yes.
Customer :- Can you record it
Harper :- Yes.
Customer :- So I can have the VCR Recording this footage from my home.
Harper :- No. They don't work that way, you need to buy a comput.....
Customer :- That's okay. I got a VCR at home, I am sure that you will work it out. (Leaves shop as he needs do got back to work)
Harper :-Ummmmmmm.... they don't work that way........

I find that it only when you put it down on paper and print it out and they read it is when they realise that their assumptions where wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom