Latest uguru for XP 64bit only?

Skatterbrain

Baseband Member
First off im using a Abit NI8 SLI mobo

Alright so I have been trying to fix my comp but first I need to get the updated version of uguru but I couldnt cause when I downloaded it, well windows would shut it back down and I would get an error. Well I was just browsing through the utilities and noticed that it says...

ABIT uGuru 3.0X
Released Date: 2005-10-13
File Size: 5 MB
Description:

1. Revision v3.011
2. For Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/64-bit

Now im using winxp pro but its not the 64bit version. Could this be what is causing my problems? Im having reboot problems as well and I have no BIOS but those are different problems... Anyone know if this is only compatible with a 64bit version of XP?

No, it should be compatible with XP as XP wasn't originally a 64-bit O/S and programs are ussually backwards compatible. Plus, it wouldn't list XP, then 64.

All the same, what error did you recieve?
When exactly did you recieve the error?

If your having such problems with your motherboard, a program for your motherboard I'd imagine wouldn't work. I'd fix one problem before the other..

Have you tried resetting the CMOS to fix the 'no BIOS' problem you have?

It was just one of those windows errors.. Where it asks you to send microsoft your information about it... *snicker* yea right. Anyways yes reset cmos and im trying to flash my bios cause I think that will fix it but I was told but some mod for the particular board I use at their forums to download uguru. So I did and now I cant open it and then he told me to flash my bios after upgrading as well as most people have.. only problem is I cant update uguru which would probally be needed(who likes to tinker with unstable systems) before I actually flashed it. Im just trying to figure out why I cant even run it even though ITS FOR MY MOTHERBOARD. My 2 cents

You should send the information, it could give you an answer, and will point the problem out to Microsoft so they can help others who send in their report with the same stuff.

It will be for XP, it says XP, that covers all 32-bit versions of XP, it says 64-bit because some programs aren't compatible with the 64-bit versions of either XP or Server 2003.

Skatterbrain said:
I dont think sending them my info for my xp would be such a good idea *cough*cough*
Hahaha yeah I know what you mean

Anyways try going to Abit's forums and asking there. They will most likely know a lot more about this problem.

Back
Top Bottom