Last Push for my PC

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
OK, I'm in BIOS right now.

To boot from my windows XP CD, I need to set CD-ROM as first boot device then Harddrive as second. I did that but I'm still getting "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter windows xp"

The motherboard does detect my single Hard drive- a 640 gigabyte western digital one - and its my only hard drive. Yet for some reason my motherboard has it under IDE Channel 4 Master.

On the motherboard, its plugged into GSATA2_0, making me think that that's the first slot it should go (since I only have one) into but I guess it's channel 4...

Is that at all relevant or should it work just as well at channel 4 master as it would in channel 0 master?

I am using a student copy of windows xp x64 edition as my boot CD in case that has anything to do with this.

Sorry for making so many threads but I'm so close now to have my finished computer.I just need an OS!

Thanks

You have to reinstall Windows. Try using a different SATA cable and plugging it into a different slot.

I think perhaps the optical drive is not detected by the motherboard all though I'm almost certain its installed correctly...

If the CD drive was connected it should be listed in the same area as the hard drive correct?

The IDE Master and Slave part of BIOS. I think I need to check out the jumper settings. I always assumed the drive shipped automatically in Master mode.

And it did ship in master mode. I've hit a wall again. What can I do next?

Back
Top Bottom