Lasers

culexor

Daemon Poster
Well I lost the charger for my camera, so I just took some quick pics with my phone. I bought this laser from a guy who makes them himself for $75. These are pics of my 120mW BluRay laser, which emits a cool 405nm (Violet) color that is very bright and can make certain colors fluoresce when you shine the laser at them (certain minerals, anything that's glow in the dark, because it has the same effect as a "blacklight"). Here are some pics: (click the thumbnails for the larger image)

The first image is just the dot (focused) onto a white wall and if you look closely...you can actually see the beam!

A closer up picture, shot in "Night Mode", beam is a bit more clear.

With my glow in the dark end cap, with the laser turned on. (I have the cap to keep dust out of the lens while it's in my pocket)

End cap when the laser is off (it's glowing!).

Picture of the whole laser, its a Coleman MAX CR2 Flashlight, without the flashlight parts, and a custom AixiZ module with a PHR-803T Diode in it wrapped with a custom made aluminum heatsink. (probably means nothing to you, but it's the same diode that you will find in PS3's and XBox 360 HD DVD Players, and many other BluRay players).

Yes, this thing CAN burn just about anything (except clear stuff and stuff thats really reflective), and yes it does light matches. I'll have some videos of it burning stuff eventually.

More pics in next post.

Here's some pics from my old green laser. It was 50mW, cost me $25. I'm pissed that I broke it.

If any of you are wondering, I got it from http://ledshoppe.com I highly recommend this laser for just about anybody. It's one of the cheapest green lasers you can get, but it's a quality laser. This is similar to the lasers you can buy from DealExtreme, but a bit better...and cheaper.

Right now, I'm waiting for my 50mW 532nm green laser from a company called CNI. They make top of the line lasers, if you haven't heard of them, they're more common than you think. CNI makes many lasers for companies such as DragonLasers, NovaLasers, and TechLasers. The pointer I'm getting is the same thing as the Viper Series, the X-Series, and the Infiniti Series. It cost me a pretty penny, too. It was $105, but thats still a bit cheaper than those retailers I mentioned above.

So whats the purpose of lasers? More specifically, what can this be used for? I already want one just after seeing the pics, so what are some practical uses for them?

You are aware lasers of that power (above 5mw) are illegal without a license though, so be careful.

LOL to annoy your cats...

My dog will chase a laser pointer for hours man she is dumb... She gets all pissed and starts growling at it after a while when she cant catch it too. She gets so mad that sometimes if you play with it on the floor for a few minutes and then get her to chase it she will run str8 into a wall when you go from the floor to the wall with it.... I know I know im a jerk...:D:D

My dog will chase a laser pointer for hours man she is dumb... She gets all pissed and starts growling at it after a while when she cant catch it too. She gets so mad that sometimes if you play with it on the floor for a few minutes and then get her to chase it she will run str8 into a wall when you go from the floor to the wall with it.... I know I know im a jerk...:D:D

Don't feel bad. I do that with my little cousin.

haha i used to do that with a laser pointer when I was a kid...Except i didn't get the idea to lead my kitty into a wall but I bet that'd be pretty funny.

How strong are these lasers? Can you see them from 50 yards away in broad day light?

haha i used to do that with a laser pointer when I was a kid...Except i didn't get the idea to lead my kitty into a wall but I bet that'd be pretty funny.

How strong are these lasers? Can you see them from 50 yards away in broad day light?
More than that. Much more. My old green laser could be seen from several miles (I only tried a little over 2, but you could still see it very clearly) at night.

Haha its illegal to shine them up into the sky because there are reports of people pointing them at pilots of planes and distracting them. :p

Back
Top Bottom