Laptops

ThrillRyder23

Baseband Member
Hey everyone. I am new here so bear with me please.

Ok I am looking to buy a laptop. Around the $1500 range. Give or take $500.

I need a laptop that can last for more then 3 hours (w/o the extra battery). If I end up buying an extra battery I want it to be able to fit into the extra bay.

The laptop can be upgradeable but if I customize the laptop to my exact needs then that won't be necessary.

These are the brands I was really looking into - Dell (5150, 8600), Alienware (Sentia Performance and the other medium ranged Sentia), Acer (803ci).

I have heard that Acer is an "iffy" brand because they tried to pull a HP and throw in used parts into their laptops.

The Dells (from what I heard) are strong all the way around except in support but I don't need support. I can fix my own problems.

The Alienwares are supposidley (sp?) the best all around for laptops.

Ok what I really need is for you guys to just clarify or correct what I have said about the laptops, give me any extra additional info on them/pros and cons. If you have another laptop in mind that will run great (performance and speed wise) and has a good battery life then please mention it.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
So with the alienware and you will get i think it is intel extreme graphics with 64mb . And just a brillant fast alienware laptop.

TheSickness

In Runtime
GeforcebOY said:
So with the alienware and you will get i think it is intel extreme graphics with 64mb . And just a brillant fast alienware laptop.
I agree with Geforce boy, Alienwares are the best around for gaming, well actually for anything. They are on the expensive side, but you do get 1 hell of a rig.

If i could, i would get an Alienware :cool:

ThrillRyder23

Baseband Member
GeforcebOY said:
Well the only downside to the Alienware is that (for my price range) I can only get a 1.4 Ghz processor. Is the Intel Extreme card a good graphics card?

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
It ain't the best. But better than SIS and i would play most new games but it is totally down to what you want it for.

ThrillRyder23

Baseband Member
Well here maybe this will explain better.

My custom computer has a NVidia Feforce 4 MX 440 and I like it a lot. I have no problems with it.

Is this Intel Extreme Graphics 2 card any better or worse then the video card I mentioned up top? how much better, how much worse? Noticable?

Also will a 1.4 Ghz Centrino processor hurt my laptop's performance in any way?