Laptop won't tether

Oh, I can't believe this. Both my old phone and my laptop connect at walmart. Something seems now to be going on with straighttalk. If they don't fix it I'm changing, after 3+ years.

Attachments

• 1226191543a_Film3.jpg
    1226191543a_Film3.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 6
After about 10 minutes on the phone to a foreign person at Straighttalk I found out the deal. It's a difference in plans. It requires the $55 plan, I have the $45 plan. Nothing is broke, I just have the wrong plan. The way they deny you is jacked up. Something should tell you it don't work with anything besides the top plan. The way they do it is they let you think you're stuff is broke.

Last edited:
In other words, they lied. Time to find another service.

Yeah, withholding information. I had the $55 plan previously for months. About 3 months ago I started getting the $45 plan. The data limit had more than doubled what it used to be on it so I was fine with it. I used the hotspot (tethering on the $55 plan), I didn't know that was the only tethering allowed plan. Then, what further confuses is it says you're connected, you just have no internet. It just leads you to believe it's you not them. When all along it was them. They just wanted me in the dark as long as possible. That's pretty much a common tactic everywhere anymore.
Some things you will never know unless you ask or find out on your own. Many companies don't volunteer anything. I'm redeeming my rewards points before I leave wm's straighttalk tho. I can get a $10 gift card at Wal-Mart right now.

So it is a tethering restriction after all?

If the conditions of contract mention something we do not know, it's on us. We have a saying here that translates to "always know what's on with you and what's against you". Their way would not be wrong. If it's not mentioned in the conditions, you can sue them and you should win. Disabling a common service on a phone; i.e. tethering, is not something to neglect by the dealer/ISP. At least if the phone is bought from somewhere else.

So it is a tethering restriction after all?

If the conditions of contract mention something we do not know, it's on us. We have a saying here that translates to "always know what's on with you and what's against you". Their way would not be wrong. If it's not mentioned in the conditions, you can sue them and you should win. Disabling a common service on a phone; i.e. tethering, is not something to neglect by the dealer/ISP. At least if the phone is bought from somewhere else.

I'm not saying they personally cut me off. I just had no clue that it wasn't available in the next plan down. I assumed it was available when it was listed on my list of connections (as connected) but there was no internet.
The only way to find that co. stuff out is spending 25 minutes on the phone trying to explain the situation. It's all good.

Back
Top Bottom