laptop wont enable wireless connection

usernames33

Beta member
My laptop wont connect to wifi. I have updated the drivers and the laptop wont turn on wireless connectivity. The hardware switch does not turn it on either.

If Windows itself is checked up and it's fully OK (cmd.exe run as administrator => sfc.exe /scannow), then troubleshoot internet connection or WiFi, apply changes/settings. Usually it helps, and if doesn't fix the problem, let us know all error messages and notes what You see.

Try the Simple Solutions First

Sometimes when we run into wifi problems, we tend to think there is some complicated solution required. As a result, we overlook simple solutions. However, it’s always best to try the obvious first. That way, you won’t spend an enormous amount of time trying unnecessary, complicated solutions. Here are some of the top things to look into before you dig too deep into other possibilities.

1. Check For a Wifi Switch or Button
2. Reboot Your Computer
3. Check Your Wifi Network
4. Try Your Computer On Another Wifi Network
5. Try Another Wifi Adapter

Well, it seems to me that there in Antarctica are more serious problems than the Wi-Fi.
Maybe this author is already dead, or they have no connection to the rest of the world at all.
Anyway, an otherwise polite person would say something.

Try connecting to a network on a different frequency band. Many consumer Wi-Fi routers broadcast at two different network frequency bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These will appear as separate networks in the list of available Wi-Fi networks. If your list of available Wi-Fi networks includes both a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network, try connecting to the other network. To learn more about the differences between 2.4 GHz networks and 5 GHz networks, check out Wi-Fi problems and your home layout.

Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel. Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Center. From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings. Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.

Hope This Works,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom